Notes from Queen Anne to the Mediterranean

Host Hattie

19 hours ago, Jack E Dawson said:

Have you tried a "Chocolate Affair"? Make sure they put the chocolate shavings on top. 

Also, wondering if there are any gin or vodka martinis available for $12 or less. We have the complimentary drinks package on an upcoming voyage and I saw a recent posting saying there were none. 

Thanks HH

Jack

Not on the menu anymore but I've had it before. 

You'll struggle for cocktails under $12, unless they ring them through as the individual items. These are the only ones I could find. I don't have a package but my 2 favourites are there.

Screenshot_20240914_174643_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240914_174602_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240914_174448_Chrome~3.jpg

Screenshot_20240914_174210_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Made it to Heathrow for my flight to Rome tonight, enjoying a somewhat cold beverage while waiting (featuring very comfortable flying attire, I might add) 

IMG_8160.thumb.jpeg.dc352895075ea0464ade966df1f3f384.jpeg

Have a good journey, apparently there are 300 people leaving us tomorrow. We're glad that doesn't include us !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Have a good journey, apparently there are 300 people leaving us tomorrow. We're glad that doesn't include us !

Thank you! It was a bit tricky finding accommodation so last minute, almost ended up just staying at the airport for 12 hours. 

I do wonder how many people will be embarking tomorrow, there seemed to be a lot of availability left. My boarding time is 12:15 so that’s perfect.

Surprised there’s 300 people leaving though, I only thought it would be around 100! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Not on the menu anymore but I've had it before. 

You'll struggle for cocktails under $12, unless they ring them through as the individual items. These are the only ones I could find. I don't have a package but my 2 favourites are there.

Screenshot_20240914_174643_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240914_174602_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240914_174448_Chrome~3.jpg

Screenshot_20240914_174210_Chrome.jpg

A Moscow Mule is $12 or under. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Millieloulou said:

QE2 is my favourite cocktail. Was not available on our Queen Anne voyage.

Oh, that’s a shame - it’s a traditional first-night indulgence for me once aboard. I’ll have to ask if they can make me one ‘off menu’.

Failing that, maybe time to establish a new tradition (although I fear the Luxardo cherry will have to be non-negotiable).

8 hours ago, Jonem2001 said:

Failing that, maybe time to establish a new tradition (although I fear the Luxardo cherry will have to be non-negotiable).

If you like expensive drinks, there some form of champagne cocktail with one at the bottom of the glass. Will find the name of it when I board later.

• Thanks 1

We enjoyed sailaway from Ajaccio with the last of the Cava brought onboard in Barcelona. Then went for a fairly early dinner. There were a couple of cases out in the corridor. We'd pre-ordered the Rack of Lamb as the main courses on offer didn't appeal. It was very good. 

The Maitre D' was flambéing something for the table next to us.

In an effort to explore a bit more of the ship we tried the Carinthia Lounge for an after dinner drink. A limited selection but it was nice to see Champagne flights on offer. We had a glass of the Demi Sec. There were only a couple of other tables occupied. 

We went to the acrobat/juggling show, postponed from the previous night due to the weather. We entered the theatre via Deck 3 so were further back but the view was still OK.

20240914_210152.jpg

20240914_210204.jpg

20240914_210208.jpg

20240914_210243.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Beautiful day in Civitavecchia, most of which so far was spent killing time.

Speedy check in (maybe a new personal best?) - and only a 15 minute wait before getting onboard.

I was a little worried when my boarding pass wasn’t scanning at the gangway, but luckily security were able to mark me onboard manually.

Queen Anne as seen from near where I was staying:

IMG_8189.thumb.jpeg.dd0e35ac32f9a6316ae1d595e0fc5cdf.jpeg

• Like 7

It has been a beautiful day but with 6 ships in I imagine everywhere was very busy. After a lie-in and an early lunch we spent the afternoon on Deck 11. It is a bit noisy but wasn't busy with people and we had a couple of nice drinks from the Cabana Bar before sailaway. 

20240915_132321.jpg

20240915_132325.jpg

20240915_175233.jpg

20240915_185121.jpg

• Like 5