Thermo Spa

Day passes are offered subject to availability. They tend to be expensive. Best to go to the spa recepton in person to enquire. Not sure of current prices I'm afraid and think it will vary by ship and itinerary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Winds said:

So, if we do book for the entire week how does that work. Can we go when we want at any time of the day or do we also need daily reservations ?

Yes anytime as many times as you want no reservations required. 

We just git off The Breakaway and had the Thermal Spa package fir the week and went everyday.

Our first day a sea day and the spa was crowded but after that the rest of the week it was lovely!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bobby Winds said:

Can I book just one day only in the Thermo Spa or is it only for the entire cruise because I can't see us going there daily.

Welcome to Cruise 

Day passes to the Thermal Suite are sold at the discretion of the Spa. And normally only on slow sea days. Depending on the ship, a day pass will run about $99. 

If you buy a weekly pass, you can go as many times as you want from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm. On embarkation day, the Thermal Suite opens at 5:00 pm. On the last night, it closes at 8:00 pm. 

• Like 1

In my experience, the day passes have only been available on Port days and have been anywhere from $59 to $89 a day, based on the ship. Availability is going to depend on how many weekly passes were sold. On a Transatlantic cruise, I was able to get a day pass once on a sea day but was told not available on the other days I enquired.

Enjoy your cruise!

7 hours ago, Bobby Winds said:

Can I book just one day only in the Thermo Spa or is it only for the entire cruise because I can't see us going there daily.

What ship?

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Welcome to Cruise 

Day passes to the Thermal Suite are sold at the discretion of the Spa. And normally only on slow sea days. Depending on the ship, a day pass will run about $99. 

If you buy a weekly pass, you can go as many times as you want from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm. On embarkation day, the Thermal Suite opens at 5:00 pm. On the last night, it closes at 8:00 pm. 

Sorry, I intended to say slow port days and normally never on sea days. 

If you book for the entire cruise - you can come and go as you please, as many times as you want (within opening hours which are something like 8am-10pm. If you want to do a day pass - you may or may not have the opportunity to do the thermal suite. Day pass availability is limited - and a single day pass is much more expensive comparative to the weekly pass daily cost breakdown.

For me - the thermal suite pass for the week is more than worth it as it gives me a quiet, adult only place to relax and hang out during my down time where I don't have to fight/search for loungers to enjoy the views while taking advantage of the hot tubs/saunas etc. I don't enjoy hanging out by the pool nearly as much. Too much noise, chaos, and sun (had skin cancer twice). My son loved it too. My daughter? She loves the pool and sunbathing... For my upcoming cruise - I got the pass for all three of us so no one is excluded, but it likely won't be worth the cost for her pass. 

Also worth noting - different ships thermal suites are designed differently. The Bliss - everything was co-ed except the locker rooms. We viewed the glaciers in October in our swimsuits from the thermal spa. On the Gem - which is what we are sailing next - the steam room/sauna are in the men's women's locker room from what I understand. Which of course means - we can't all hang out together in the steam room/sauna. So - you might want to look into how it is set up on your ship and whether you want to be separated from whomever you are traveling with when you are using it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bobby Winds said:

I was just going to ask if the Thermo Spa was Co-Ed ?

Anyone know how the Thermo Spa is run on the Breakaway…. Co-Ed or what ?

On Embarkation Day, there are usually tours of the Spa (which are free).  Check it out, ask questions and see what works or does not work for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Winds said:

I was just going to ask if the Thermo Spa was Co-Ed ?

Anyone know how the Thermo Spa is run on the Breakaway…. Co-Ed or what ?

The spa area (loungers, therapy pools, steam rooms, saunas, salt room, showers etc.) are all co-ed.  There are Men's and Women's locker rooms with lockers, bathrooms and private showers.

• Like 1

Bobby, when will you be on The Breakaway? She is scheduled for dry dock mid Feb thru March which is needed badly. 

Our only problem with the Thermal spa was several of the windows the vapor seal was gone so the windows were cloudy with poor visibility, probably about 20% of those windows so when the spa was busy you might get stuck with a poor view.

But people do come and go often so you should be able to move to a better view!  We saw whales on our cruise last week!

Otherwise everything in the spa worked just fine

The dry dock is needed as the ship was pretty beat up but none of this affected our enjoyment of this cruise but I am sure others would be upset.

The crew were amazing and be sure to spend time in The Whiskey Bar, great crew there!

mcmommy,

Our cruise is at the end of this month, Sept 29th and I make sure I go to the whisky bar and "suckem down like coke cola".......LOL

So today  I finally decide to take the plunge and reserve the Thermo Bar on the internet via my computer. Guess what, only 1 Thermo Spa res left. I tried it 7 or 8 times and it just came up the same, available is no longer available after it places one reservation in my cart.

So I chatted online with Amanda and she said there is no problem with the system and she verified there are plenty of 7 day Thermo Spa reservations but because I'm only out 20 days to  my cruise she can't do anything for me. She said call this phone number. I did and talked to "Ryan" and he 'Got R Done' for me. So my wife doesn't know as I saving this as a sail away surprise out of NYC. We will be celebrating our anniversary is style this year ! ! !

Thanks Everyone for your help and guidance,

Bob

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bobby Winds said:

mcmommy,

Our cruise is at the end of this month, Sept 29th and I make sure I go to the whisky bar and "suckem down like coke cola".......LOL

So today  I finally decide to take the plunge and reserve the Thermo Bar on the internet via my computer. Guess what, only 1 Thermo Spa res left. I tried it 7 or 8 times and it just came up the same, available is no longer available after it places one reservation in my cart.

So I chatted online with Amanda and she said there is no problem with the system and she verified there are plenty of 7 day Thermo Spa reservations but because I'm only out 20 days to  my cruise she can't do anything for me. She said call this phone number. I did and talked to "Ryan" and he 'Got R Done' for me. So my wife doesn't know as I saving this as a sail away surprise out of NYC. We will be celebrating our anniversary is style this year ! ! !

Thanks Everyone for your help and guidance,

Bob

Nice job!