Cruising in 3days Formal Wear HELP ME

flightiebel

Hi people,

I need help !! I am wondering if a nice pants suit is ok for a gal to wear on formal night? Or a Nice skirt & beaded top? & for a man nice dress pants, long sleeve shirt? Help my hubby & I are on a limited budget ..... Thanks:D

a skirt and beaded top would be fine, but DH should also put on a jacket, really should be a dark suit. But, at the very least he should have on slacks, coat and tie. Have a great cruise!

Hi people,

I need help !! I am wondering if a nice pants suit is ok for a gal to wear on formal night? Or a Nice skirt & beaded top? & for a man nice dress pants, long sleeve shirt? Help my hubby & I are on a limited budget ..... Thanks:D

I would agree that a nice skirt & a beaded top are fine as long as you dress it up with shoes and jewelry. Alas poor DH will have to put on a coat. That shirt will stand out like you would not believe. I still remember the guy I worked with who was the only one without a suit at a company function. (Left his suit bag hanging on the door) He wore a shirt and tie and was glaringly underdressed. Beg borrow or thrift shop a nice jacket.

He will feel more comfortable.

I found an amazing suit at Salvation Army for my DS when he was a little younger! Hasn't grown much height in the last yr or 2 so I splurged (! $120) for one at Men's Wearhouse last spring. Go quickly though, you'll probably want to send it to the cleaners before you go.

Have a WONDERFUL trip!

Hi:) I agree with the other gals. Formal nights hubby at least needs

a jacket and tie...a suit would be more appropriate.

And no need to spend a lot of $$$....Do you have any consignment

shops near you? I use them all the time. I found a beautiful blue

formal dress for only 22.00:D

Also, the pants and pretty top will be fine as well.

And some consignment stores sell mens clothing too!

Have a great cruise...you leave in 3 days and just realized about

the clothes?:eek: I am all packed 3 days before I sail;)

I went to Ross (similar to TJ Maxx and Marshall's) before we went our our cruise earlier this month and found DOZENS of great cocktail style dresses for between $12.99 and $39.99. I settled on a great white dress with black polka dots for $16.99 --- it was perfect!

Places like Ross also have men's clothes, in case you decide to go look for a jacket or suit. Remember the shoes, too!

They do rent tuxedos on board the ships, and they have dressy dresses also. The dresses were pretty pricey, but I saw a lot of young men renting tuxes. They don't rent shoes, nor do they carry many pairs of hose for women.

Have a wonderful time!

Archived