The "Somewhat Live" - Silver Nova: Vancouver to Tokyo (Sept. 12th, 2024)

BBGrace273

I agree with @GrumpySushiBear. Pretty much everything has been terrific. I have enjoyed the food immensely. My only miss was the first day lunch at the Marquee. My dad has loved everything so far. We did Kaiseki for dinner, and I did Chef's table last night. Terrific. There's so much to do. I haven't had time for any good photo posts in several days. (Because I'm trying to cram in post card writing, while I can still use American stamps to mail them.) Sea day tomorrow, so I'll have some time (hopefully) to catch up!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, BBGrace273 said:

17265922511621283919454095549262.thumb.jpg.4d34879deac18c3a859ae8045ca84122.jpgHere's sitka this morning. I'm off to try and win Andrew's heart away from Margaret. Wish me luck, because who wouldn't want Betty White as a grandmother-in-law?17265922760498960521114005251918.thumb.jpg.98dd938dda5006273f44968c0aa8fe64.jpg

My favourite film ever!!! Best bits.... take the dog, take the dog and Gammy in the Air Ambulance. Love it.

• Like 2

Day 3's post for Juneau is up - our excursion got cancelled so it's mostly just lunch pics at Atlantide and dinner pics at SALT

https://kan.ski/2024/09/16/day-3-juneau/

Day 4 Skagway is up too. No food / ship photos but we saw the aurora at 12:30am! They made an announcement and I rushed outside and took one photo and went back to bed haha. Pics from the chilkoot hike and float excursion. 

https://kan.ski/2024/09/17/day-4-skagway/

The night before we were given a questionnaire form to fill out - I made sure to mention all the amazing experiences / staff so far and made a comment about the ping pong table placement being too squeezed in and not enough space to swing the paddle. To my positive surprise the hotel director called to thank me for the feedback and mentioned that on sea days they can definitely make this happen but are limited to what they can do on port days when people need to come in and out.

The air has been so dry my throat hurt so bad I had a scare and thought I was sick but was confused I felt perfect energy wise. Our butler brought me a humidifier and I slept so well last night I awoke this morning forgetting I wasn't home 🙂

A teaser- I got some great bald eagle and sea lion pictures today in Sitka.

• Like 5

@GrumpySushiBear Great photos! Thanks for sharing. I had just fallen asleep when they announced the lights. I went out on the balcony for some photos, but I couldn't gather then energy to go topside. Also, prize goes to @GrumpySushiBear for the best skorts on the ship. 

Sitka was AMAZING! The Raptors and Ravens excursion was nice, but the Sea Otter and Wilderness Wildlife cruise was fan-freaking-tastic. We saw 5, yes FIVE coastal brown bears. Sea otters, sea lions, and some lovely sea birds. We also saw MANY humpback whales. I even saw a beautiful, mostly white, fluke. I have 0 pictures of the whales. I got tired of being dissapointed, with my results so I just put away the camera and concentrated with the binoculars. It was very rewarding. @agape01 was on the excursion with me, so I'm sure he'll post some more doozies! Not to toot my own horn, but I was REALLY good at spotting them. It was so much fun. We got dropped off right at the ship. Rockstar service. I went to swim laps, and all the deck furniture was being put away. We are in for some rough seas the next couple of days! I finally made it up to the infinity pool, a quick shower, some glam, and I am currently sitting in La Dame about to enjoy course 3 of the signature menu, along with the champagne pairing. Life is ALWAYS better with bubbles. More to come tomorrow. I am excited to finally get back to the trivia competition! @FauxNom was so nice to ask me to join with her friends, and I've missed 3 days in a row! Scandalous! Here's a teaser for tomorrow's food post. 20240917_205614.thumb.jpg.58528d930b11fcd397fa27e715d2bf4b.jpg

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, BBGrace273 said:

@GrumpySushiBear, when and where are we meeting tomorrow? Who are thea other 2 coming with?

I was just thinking it was too bad we didn't exchange emails! 

They sent me a message saying 8am meeting and to call when we get to port to fine tune the time but it's impossible to call them probably from the tender. So we were thinking of huffing it out on the 7:30 tender. Want to plan on the same time? Then at least 4 of us will be in one place at the same time. 

I can't remember now but there was a Steve and Mary? That responded on this page originally but I haven't heard from them since. 

22 minutes ago, GrumpySushiBear said:

I was just thinking it was too bad we didn't exchange emails! 

They sent me a message saying 8am meeting and to call when we get to port to fine tune the time but it's impossible to call them probably from the tender. So we were thinking of huffing it out on the 7:30 tender. Want to plan on the same time? Then at least 4 of us will be in one place at the same time. 

I can't remember now but there was a Steve and Mary? That responded on this page originally but I haven't heard from them since. 

Sounds good. See you then!