Gluten Free on QM2

CPs4591

New to Cunard and obviously then first time QM2, doing a TA in 2025 with niece.  Booked in Brittania Club cabin.  Am gluten free, who do I tell?  Also outside of this Club MDR, who do I tell at the pub, buffet, etc.?   When?  For example, getting on first day in Southampton if we go to pub or buffet, who do I tell?  Do I let Cunard know in advance?  Sorry, newbie questions,  TIA

Have you visited the page https://www.cunard.com/en-us/food-allergy-and-dietary-requirements ?

They do suggest calling soon after making your reservation.

At the Kings Court buffet - the gluten free food is labeled. At breakfast & lunch there is a gluten free baked goods section in the area just aft of the 'C' staircase lobby port side [the part of the KC that converts to the themed pop up restaurant at dinner time]

You should be able to review the next day's menu in the BC dining room [you can in the main Britannia] and discuss options with your head waiter.

I think there were gluten free options available from room service and in the Carinthia lounge - I don't recall any gluten free options listed for the Golden Lion pub lunch.

As @TheOldBear stated there's a GF section in the Lido, and in the MDR a lot of the courses are marked as GF, you can see the Daily Menu's from our previous cruises on my blog and they should give some insight as to what is available - the latest are all in PG, but they won't be much different from BC Link Here.........

My wife is celiac and one of the reasons we stay loyal to Cunard is how well  they accommodate her diet.  It is exemplary and except for one glaring exception this May on QV in the Veranda Restaurant, she had never had an issue in being served the wrong food or not be being able to fully enjoy every single meal... including afternoon tea.  Unlike many lines, the maitre d's know their menus and preparations and when you pre-order something, they can tell you on the spot if it can be served "as is" or specially prepared gluten free.

Ensure that you (or your travel agent) advises Cunard that you are gluten free as that information will be passed on to the dining room staff in advance.  If in Britannia, you might find opting for fixed seating makes it easier for them to accommodate you. 

Cunard does special diets "right"... no worries. Honest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CPs4591 said:

Thanks!  Am I out for afternoon tea?  Typical afternoon tea is anything but gluten free.  Thanks again.

The web page includes

• Afternoon Tea includes a pre-made selection of gluten free, no sugar-added, vegetarian, and vegan sandwiches and desserts.
  • Like 1