£199 flights - UK bookings

Lolou127

Not sure if this is a typo in the X T and C’s or I’m reading it incorrectly, but it doesn’t make sense, it says X cruises in 2025 but departing January to December 2024!!

Has anyone based in the U.K. taken this up and can tell me if it’s really 2024 or 2025?

Reduced Flights to Europe applies to new individual bookings made from 03 September 2024 for selected Celebrity Cruises Europe 2025 sailings departing 02 January 2024 to 21 December 2024. Reduced Flights to Europe provide

Celebrity seem to have changed to have changed the way that they handle flights for UK cruisers. At one time flights and transfers were bundled into the price of the cruise , but around a year ago that seemed to have stopped and its was not clear when booking on line what was available. They seemed to want you to take responsibility for the flights, by booking  as a separate item

I can only presume this is a move to dodge responsibility from the Package Tour Regulations which make them responsible for getting you to the ship or be liable.

Yes these were flights with the worst airlines, the worst seats , worst times,  often booking all the third seats on your standard ( three -isle - three) across the cabin, the standard configuration on UK flights to European destinations. The result being you could not sit with your partner but find them in the window seat either directly in front of or behind you.

The upside these would be around three hour flights, to Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon which was bearable.

If you went further afield then you could do your own flights and travel out the day before to give yourself some wriggle room and get a better travel experience. This could work well if you got a deal from one of the USA consolidators who like to go on their vacations, but do not have the same regulations for cruisers.

This is win win for Celebrity as they have maintained their cruise  prices and lost the liability under the Package Tour Regs, by technically not offering the flights as part of the package.

On 9/9/2024 at 8:45 PM, Lolou127 said:

Not sure if this is a typo in the X T and C’s or I’m reading it incorrectly, but it doesn’t make sense, it says X cruises in 2025 but departing January to December 2024!!

Has anyone based in the U.K. taken this up and can tell me if it’s really 2024 or 2025?

Reduced Flights to Europe applies to new individual bookings made from 03 September 2024 for selected Celebrity Cruises Europe 2025 sailings departing 02 January 2024 to 21 December 2024. Reduced Flights to Europe provide

Yes, I saw that at the weekend and presumed it was a typo. I did try and find a cruise with the £199 showing, but I was unsuccessful. It does state ‘selected’ cruises.

22 minutes ago, villauk said:

Yes, I saw that at the weekend and presumed it was a typo. I did try and find a cruise with the £199 showing, but I was unsuccessful. It does state ‘selected’ cruises.

I’ve messaged our TA to see if she can fathom out what it means!! if I find out I’ll report back, out of interest where on the X site would the flight price show? is it after you’ve priced up a cruise?

23 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

I’ve messaged our TA to see if she can fathom out what it means!! if I find out I’ll report back, out of interest where on the X site would the flight price show? is it after you’ve priced up a cruise?

If you search for a cruise and then press ‘view the itinerary’, just under the individual cabin pricing are several icons. Press the ‘flight’ one and it will bring you to the ‘search for a flight’ section (see below). Go into that and input which airport you want. Flight options will come up there with pricing. I know that the reduced flights will show as our sailing next month was on a £49pp discounted flight and showed there when I originally booked the cruise. They only allocate so many seats though, I do know that. Once the allocation has been filled for that particular airport, then it will just give other flight options which are far more expensive. It’s also not available for every sailing.

IMG_0276.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villauk said:

If you search for a cruise and then press ‘view the itinerary’, just under the individual cabin pricing are several icons. Press the ‘flight’ one and it will bring you to the ‘search for a flight’ section (see below). Go into that and input which airport you want. Flight options will come up there with pricing. I know that the reduced flights will show as our sailing next month was on a £49pp discounted flight and showed there when I originally booked the cruise. They only allocate so many seats though, I do know that. Once the allocation has been filled for that particular airport, then it will just give other flight options which are far more expensive. It’s also not available for every sailing.

IMG_0276.jpeg

Thank you, I’ve found that now, why did I not know that was there!! you learn something every day!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hampshirelad said:

Celebrity seem to have changed to have changed the way that they handle flights for UK cruisers. At one time flights and transfers were bundled into the price of the cruise , but around a year ago that seemed to have stopped and its was not clear when booking on line what was available. They seemed to want you to take responsibility for the flights, by booking  as a separate item

I can only presume this is a move to dodge responsibility from the Package Tour Regulations which make them responsible for getting you to the ship or be liable.

Yes these were flights with the worst airlines, the worst seats , worst times,  often booking all the third seats on your standard ( three -isle - three) across the cabin, the standard configuration on UK flights to European destinations. The result being you could not sit with your partner but find them in the window seat either directly in front of or behind you.

The upside these would be around three hour flights, to Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon which was bearable.

If you went further afield then you could do your own flights and travel out the day before to give yourself some wriggle room and get a better travel experience. This could work well if you got a deal from one of the USA consolidators who like to go on their vacations, but do not have the same regulations for cruisers.

This is win win for Celebrity as they have maintained their cruise  prices and lost the liability under the Package Tour Regs, by technically not offering the flights as part of the package.

The biggest issue is that cruise are bookable way before flights are available.

It's easy to get you flights covered by ATOL simply book them as a package - all you need is the flight and one day hotel  or 1 day of the cheapest car rental available you can even book the car to get you from home to the airport and it would still count as a package.

Under the cruise lines UK booking conditions you are required to have insurance and if you don't you accept liability for any costs that would have been covered - this wording means the Cruise Line doesn't have to check.