Celebrity Silhouette to Bermuda - June 15, 2025

hurwitz5

We are contemplating taking a family trip to Bermuda on this ship on June 15, 2025.    We have grandchildren ages 10, 12, 13 and 15.  None of them have cruised before.  Since it’s June, I assume more kids will be on this sailing.  Will the kids find enough to do - kids club, etc.  I know that RCCL has all the bells and whistles, but really prefer a more relaxed atmosphere and a smaller ship (as would my adult children).  Would appreciate hearing from others who have taken grandchildren on a Celebrity cruise.  

We are currently booked on the June 15th cruise, and our children will be 11 and 7. We just returned from a 12-day Princess cruise, and we had 7 kids traveling with us. They were entertained, and never went to the kids' clubs, though many we heard from really enjoyed their time there. I would assume Celebrity will be the same.

Our kids like to relax and swim, so I assume most of our time on the sea days will be at the pool, watching movies, eating ice cream, and checking out the other activities that will be on board. We are really looking forward to this cruise, this will be our 3rd time to Bermuda.

There will be activities through the kids club on board to keep them entertained, although as a brand Celebrity will typically sail with far less kids than RCI or NCL.  But the real activities will be while in Bermuda for the three days you will be there.  Very much to do and see and all of it can be done independently on your own. 

June is also a good time for Bermuda weather wise as well.  We have been to Bermuda many times with and without our children and grandchildren on both RCI and Celebrity, and it remains one of our favorite cruise destinations.  Very relaxing on board to and from and plenty to do and see in Bermuda. It's and extremely safe and friendly island to enjoy. It's nice having your ship as the hotel from which to come and go, which you can do without restriction. 

But it appears that Celebrity will be ceasing cruises to Bermuda from Cape Liberty after the June 29 sailing this year, so I would enjoy it while you can.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Silhouette will be sailing NJ to BM next year.

As for the OP, if you are looking for more kids on board, you may be better off sailing in July since not all schools are done for the summer vacation until the end of June.

Also, FYI Royal who also sails out of Cape Liberty, historically has more kids on board since it is geared for families with rides and water tubes,

Smooth Sailing

51 minutes ago, celebrity cruiser said:

Silhouette will be sailing NJ to BM next year.

Sorry - I meant next year, 2025, which is the timeframe the OP is referencing.  After June 29, 2025 Silhouette is not sailing the Bermuda itinerary that I can see. After repositioning in July she moves to Iceland itineraries from Europe through August 15, then repositions back to Boston for Canada itineraries through October 10, then she repositions to Port Everglades for Caribbean itineraries.

So from what I see, Celebrity is not doing Bermuda from Cape Liberty after the June 29, 2025 itinerary.  I don't see another ship scheduled to replace Silhouette on that itinerary.

5 minutes ago, celebrity cruiser said:

You are correct!

After Iceland I believe her homeport is Boston.

Maybe after Xcel is deployed, NJ will get additional itineraries.

Yes, Boston until November then Port Everglades. 

I hope you are correct regarding another ship there.  I would hate to think our only Cape Liberty / Baltimore Bermuda options would be RCI Vision and Liberty 5 nights.  (With the occasional Vision 9 night sprinkled in).

Purely from a selfish point of view, Celebrity 7-night Bermuda itineraries were our "go to" when we wanted a convenient local fill in cruise.  Hate to see that disappear.