Need Advice: Navigator offer

I am currently in G Oceanview on Deck 5. I booked with 0% single supplement at amazing price. Getting concerned about the darker cabin with window view only on deck 5 since cruise is first 2 weeks of November Istanbul to Rome on Navigator. Sunrise between 7-8 am, sunset 5-6 pm. Received offer for $2k upgrade to Penthouse B. I plan to be working part of this cruise so access to WIFi? Starlink is important. Also access to fresh air since this will have a balcony pls the extras in his category. Cabin is the same size, but a feedback on the Penthouse B cabins would be appreciated! Didn’t see many reviews on the Suite Guru.

.  Only you can decide if the balcony and other perks is worth the up grade.  Personally I love sitting on my balcony and relaxing.  And if you're spending a lot of time in the cabin, that certainly would matter.  Also if you are in there working, the butler could be a nice asset if you want room service for any meals or snacks, etc.  

• Like 2

Can’t speak about the room it self,  but we got a last minute upgrade for about the same price on another ship last month and I’m glad we took it!  Treat yourself, you may not get the chance again! 

• Like 1

So now my question is, I am expecting weather to be cool and possibly rainy, is 923 or 925 which allows you to walk to aft elevators without walking outside, but near are close to laundry and staff elevator, or 1010 which may have more motion I do have issues with motion sickness, but will have my patches. I would need to either walk outside on pool desk to get aft or go down elevators in front and walk to back. 

last few cruises have been on Celebrity Ascent or Summit, last Navigator cruise 20 years ago. Don’t mind a few extra steps to work off the food and 🍹.

As someone who usually eschews upgrades and butlers, I'm also still working and need WiFi and a comfortable work area, so I'd say yes, if the upcharge fits your budget it would be worth it for the reasons others have already mentioned.  Love sitting outside with my coffee and computer with some fresh sea air and a gentle breeze...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

So now my question is, I am expecting weather to be cool and possibly rainy, is 923 or 925 which allows you to walk to aft elevators without walking outside, but near are close to laundry and staff elevator, or 1010 which may have more motion I do have issues with motion sickness, but will have my patches. I would need to either walk outside on pool desk to get aft or go down elevators in front and walk to back. 

last few cruises have been on Celebrity Ascent or Summit, last Navigator cruise 20 years ago. Don’t mind a few extra steps to work off the food and 🍹.

I think you'd be fine in any of those cabins - I've sailed in 1006 before (several times, actually) and the motion is noticeable but not bad - to me.  If you're motion sensitive I'd probably recommend deck 9 for that reason - and I wouldn't worry too much about the proximity to the laundry.  With the addition of included laundry on board, the self-serve laundries seem to be a lot less crowded these days.

• Like 1

Navigator is a very small ship so walking aft is no big deal. For me, I'd go with 923 or 925. They're both a deck lower and a bit farther aft.  Not likely to be much of a difference, but I tend to book starboard side. No real reason other than they seem to tend to dock with the starboard side to the pier and I like to "watch the action" on the pier while relaxing on my balcony. But even that is port and ship dependent.  

As UUNetBill said, the laundry room really isn't a factor as free laundry is included, unless you plan to use it, then 9 is definitely a better location.   But there shouldn't be any noise issues from it.  They're pretty soundproofed.  

Honestly, you can't really go wrong in any of the 3.  Like I said, I tend to gravitate toward starboard cabins, on the more "midship" location, and I would pick 923 only because it isn't directly across from the laundry room. But that's really "picking nits" on why to choose any of the 3. 😎

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

@UUNetBill I did read your report on 1010, so concerned about motion. 

@papaflamingo,   I also love to see what is going on too! Thank you for your recommendation! Now hoping they will allow me to select the cabin I want!

If it's available they'll let you select it.  Sounds like you're going to have a great cruise!  I loved the Navigator... small, intimate, like the old days of cruising, just relaxing around the ship eating, drinking, and being catered to. 

By the way... in case you are unaware, the cabins in the aft section of the ship tend to get lots of vibration on Navigator.  So if they offer you one in the stern area, think really carefully about it. 

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 3

Thank you everyone for their suggestions! I was able to secure 923! So excited and thrilled for the upgrade. Next to book tours I for my 5 days precruise in Istanbul, but will need to be more judicious in those expenditures…

• Like 3

When I booked last December, I was looking at what the pricing was for the lowest level balcony cabin, also 0% single supplement , it was going to be $1500 more than G Oceanview. I had been warned about aft location of F cabins, so stayed with G. Now paying $500 more than I originally would have paid for a balcony. With this upgrade to Penthouse( lowest category available now), I really feel fortunate and looking forward to the experience…hoping I don’t get too spoiled!

• Like 1

Was considering doing a semi live report from cruise, but haven’t done any posting from ships..ever.  Have not seen so many Navigator reviews, but will try to post solo cruise experience if there is an interest . As long as Nav not going away anytime soon, will provide menus, food and tour reviews.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, CardowMD said:

Was considering doing a semi live report from cruise, but haven’t done any posting from ships..ever.  Have not seen so many Navigator reviews, but will try to post solo cruise experience if there is an interest . As long as Nav not going away anytime soon, will provide menus, food and tour reviews.

I would love for you to do this as I've just cruised for 21 days on Navigator and am "homesick".

Internet should be fine for posting as Starlink was turned on while we were onboard.

@2012_Alaska_bound Thank you for update on Starlink! That was going to be one of my questions. It’s been 20 years since I was on Navigator, so it will probably look all new for me. Looking forward to the smaller ship after cruising Celebrity for last few years. 

is there a coffee\tea location that is open 24 hr?

4 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

Yes, there are self serve machines available 24 hours in the Coffee Connection (deck 6) and on the Pool Deck (deck 10). Coffee Connection is staffed with a barista from 6:30 a.m. until evening daily. The area doubles as the Navigator Lounge, so has music in the evenings.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CardowMD said:

Yes please do a report!  Especially on Navigator I have had the best solo get togethers - think a-lot has to do with the Asst CD doubles as the Social Host for the solo group.

Enjoy the cruse especially the Penthouse Suite!

• Like 2

@BaileyMJ I hope the solo get together each evening change time, instead of 645 start time. I usually try to eat by 7 since I will have morning tours. RSSC catering to solo cruisers is appreciated! From what I read, SS does a good job too!

9 hours ago, CardowMD said:

@2012_Alaska_bound Thank you for update on Starlink! That was going to be one of my questions. It’s been 20 years since I was on Navigator, so it will probably look all new for me. Looking forward to the smaller ship after cruising Celebrity for last few years. 

Remember your upgraded suite will have the fancy espresso machine!  

I get spoiled and just order room service for tea or coffee - also if you need a regular fix you can have a standing order of hat first cup of coffee delivered every day - great way to start the day!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

@BaileyMJ I hope the solo get together each evening change time, instead of 645 start time. I usually try to eat by 7 since I will have morning tours. RSSC catering to solo cruisers is appreciated! From what I read, SS does a good job too!

Seems to be at 6:45pm on every ship I have been on but what happens is depending on the group some form a sub group especially if you want to eat at Sette Mar what may happen is plan the day ahead because best to  go at the opening to get a table!

I also have cruised solo on Silversea and they are wonderful but I have to say Regent really seems to be the most welcoming to solos.

• Like 1