OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE SEPTEMBER

morpheusofthesea

42 minutes ago, phissy said:

One reason it is nice to live in Seattle. After Alaska cruise, we are home in 20 minutes.  Actually, makes memory of cruise end much too soon. Wish MSC comes to west coast soon😁

We’ve done four Alaska cruises and the scenery never gets old to us.  However, I think living that close to the cruise port would spoil it for us after a while.  Just like I think living in FL would as well.  We’ve done so many Caribbean cruises we hardly ever leave the port area when/if we even get off the ship. 

• Like 3

Morpheus, another amazing report from your recent cruise. Thanks again for taking so much time to not only report but also include photos and/or video with comments.

My excitement is building for my next MSC cruise.

. November 10th!!

I have made notes on all your recommendations and will certainly make good use of these.

Also, we will think of you and your DW while we make OS our temporary home for the week.   
Thanks again for including all of us in your travels.

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, phissy said:

Morpheus, another amazing report from your recent cruise. Thanks again for taking so much time to not only report but also include photos and/or video with comments.

My excitement is building for my next MSC cruise.

. November 10th!!

I have made notes on all your recommendations and will certainly make good use of these.

Also, we will think of you and your DW while we make OS our temporary home for the week.   
Thanks again for including all of us in your travels.

I have another couple bottles with your name on them. One day, on some cruise we will all be together and I will have given away all 12 bottles. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2024 at 4:14 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

Well Havana is 90 miles away and there is always another flotilla heading to Miami.

I would pay anything to be watching the local news channel covering the flotilla with you and Mrs.MOTS and all her luggage onboard!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, travelwide said:

I would pay anything to be watching the local news channel covering the flotilla with you and Mrs.MOTS and all her luggage onboard!

Thanks, you are all heart. But I still will have a bottle for you when I see you.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

Well I am home reflecting on another great cruise. It was made all the better meeting @Best cat Dad and his charming bride. Found after countless cruises that we prefer Eastern itineraries with no time changes than western. The funny thing about this, is it never bothered us before. It must be age related. And since it is age related it goads us to increase the frequency of our cruises. It is a known phenomenon that time goes by faster as we age. We just boarded the Seascape a few short moments ago and already we are home. Me, a little heavier and I fear not enough time to lose the weight before the next cruise. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, travelwide said:

If one has enough quality luggage (and cordage), one already has the flotilla. 😆

MiniGolf(1).jpg.66e6242fb84d3238ae084c04c8f08812.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, no1talks said:

If one has enough quality luggage (and cordage), one already has the flotilla. 😆

MiniGolf(1).jpg.66e6242fb84d3238ae084c04c8f08812.jpg

Your depiction is not far off. In my mind my DW was caddy.

P.S. I don't think MSC has anything quite up to caliber in the 12 bottles they give me in the cabin, I might have to go to the YC Director to see if they anything more upscale to gift a true connoisseur.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This just came to my attention. The 3 & 4 night cruises now on the Seashore are attracting the lowest caliber cruiser. We have read similar accounts. The most recent from fellow cruisers we met on Explora and then again last month on Seascape. They just posted that this trip on the Seashore in the Yacht Club while on the One Pool Deck they had a fan stolen off their lounger. We both agree it is the caliber of cruiser attracted to these 3 &4 night cruises.

P.S. First it was interlopers, now pickpocket types.

• Like 2

With all the problems in the cruising world today there is no silver lining. But is there?

There are increasing numbers of ports refusing mega ships entry. There are increasing number of ports that are on the State Department's travel advisory site (which cruise lines ignore). https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/jamaica-travel-advisory.html

So what is the answer. MSC's Ocean Cay in the Caribbean. With slated Villas and only MSC contracted employees on the island, it will become a travel destination paradise.

• Like 3

I guess that does it for this chapter. I glanced through all the photos I took the last day, suitable for posting. Couldn't capture many transgressions this cruise to post which made it less controversial and less entertaining as well. Posting on CC is like writing news for newspapers, only the dirt and smut draws attention. This one was just a lot of milktoast. But I enjoyed it much more too. Thanks for reading.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This just came to my attention. The 3 & 4 night cruises now on the Seashore are attracting the lowest caliber cruiser. We have read similar accounts. The most recent from fellow cruisers we met on Explora and then again last month on Seascape. They just posted that this trip on the Seashore in the Yacht Club while on the One Pool Deck they had a fan stolen off their lounger. We both agree it is the caliber of cruiser attracted to these 3 &4 night cruises.

P.S. First it was interlopers, now pickpocket types.

Oh no!  Hopefully we'll not experience bad behavior. 

@morpheusofthesea In the past you have been a fabulous source of information. Thank you.  My cousin and I are taking my mom on a 4 night on Seashore next month for her 90th birthday in one of the Royal Suites.  All of my previous MSC cruises have been a minimum of 7 nights but we weren't sure she could handle a 7 night without getting exhausted.  A few questions - it appears on the 7 day, the RS has a full bar.  Do you know how many bottles on a 4 day? Is it OK to take them all home? Is there a Gala night on a 4 day?  Any suggestions of things to not miss?  

Thanks,
Barb

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BDL said:

Any suggestions of things to not miss?  

Yes, indeed. I heard Bruno Vincenzi and the Jazz Quartet are now on Seashore. His Tribute to Frank Sinatra is always a packed room. Get there early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNxvlYLdOx8

He won the Brazilian talent contest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1