Organized soccer games on prima

NoelleM.

Hi, 

thinking about taking kids on prima. My older son loved playing daily soccer games in the gym on Quantum Sea. Does NCL have organized soccer games on ship, daily like RC does? 

thanks! 

n

i think not, they  have a basketball court, and maybe your son can kick around a ball, but i dont believe there is anything organized, there is a splash academy for kids up to and including 12 years of age, and an entourage for teens to get together and hang out

My only experience was years ago. Splash Academy (SA) would have the courts reserved for SA participants and they would organize more or less soccer games... no instruction... and the games become more of kick the ball back and forth... Also. some parents organize kick the ball back and forth games with other kids... but it is a very small court ... soccer used the width (not length) of the basketball courts on the jewel class ships.  Check the SA activity sheet for your kids age group for more details.

Thanks for responses. He is 17 and not into the kids clubs. Last cruise (Royal C.) the older teens meet at the soccer games and hung out around the ship after. 

Daily soccer games was his fav part of trip. I looked at the daily activity sheets posted online for prior sailings and saw nothing on Prima. Bummer. 

Edited by NoelleM.

On my previous cruises I haven't seen a soccer game, but there have been a lot of penalty kick challenges. The challenge is there is no sports court for basketball or soccer. 

He may want to hang out in the "Stadium." It's a great spot with some activities like ping pong, a two person (sitting) soccer challenge, pickleball (yawn), and other games. It's right across the hall from mini golf. I do know the teens club will organize groups to go there. When this happens, they close the area off, so he wouldn't be able to participate, unless he signs up for the teen club.