Norwaylady & Cousin Charlotte reports from steerage class of Infinity 19-28.9.24

Norwaylady

19 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

And 29 August 2026 sailing on Apex.....

I was talking with my wife earlier about this very cruise and trying to decide whether to book Aqua or Retreat.  I am not a fan of Edge Class ships but seems that is the only way I'll get to see the fjords on Celebrity. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bundtkate said:

Any chance this happens earlier in August? We're doing a similar itinerary Aug 7 - 21 2025 and I assumed we'd have no chance of northern lights in Summer. Would be a nice bonus if they showed up!

Have you registered for the roll call? 
Since you are on Apex presumably😝

Yes & No…. 
This year it was phenomenal lighting early. 
So you never know. The best part is Helgelang area (scenic cruising) and Finnmark/Tromsø.

It’s early stages of the northern light season. 
So go open minded👌🏻

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

Have you registered for the roll call?

I have, though I'll admit I'm not great at keeping up. It's so far out I've got about all I can take care of done already so I've been focusing on our much closer Virgin cruise we're taking in February. That said, I just did some hunting and noticed you'll be on my cruise! I guess maybe I'll get to read your live while watching the Fjords go by. 😄

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2024 at 6:26 AM, hcat said:

Enjoyed your review.

Shopping in the bazaar at Kusadasi was not fun.. very aggressive  vendors and not high quality goods 

. We enjoyed our tour to Ephesus and views of beautiful beaches we would love to visit some day..Last stop of tour  was the carpet  Place.. aggressive hard sell but we escaped!

We had a great lunch at an historic  place that  used to be an inn for caravan travellers and their  animals.  Beautifully preserved with amazing tile work..cannit recall the name.

Was on the same cruise!  Also went to Kudasi and Ephesus tour.  The stores in Kudasi were a ghost town.  I decided to go back to the ship before the rug nonsense.  My friends stayed and were not happy.