Info needed on Ulta Music Festival

NJLVW

Hello all. We are cruising out of Miami March 30, 2025. It has been brought to my attention there is this Ulta Music Festival that weekend. I am not familar with this so I did a search. Oh my the amount of people that will be there is crazy. I am finding sold out hotels in the area we would usually stay or hotel prices that are triple its normal price. Any suggestions on what to do & where to stay? We have almost always stayed at the Hyatt Regency. Downtown hotels. Have always been able to get a room. All the places we know of and locations are booked. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance...

A couple of months ago when I started looking for hotels in Miami I couldn't figure out why everything was double and triple what I've always paid in the past.  I finally googled the dates to see what popped up and I had totally forgotten about that annual electronic music fest which also means, I will be taking my 7yr old nowhere near there.  I'm so disappointed because I was looking forward to a frozen concoction at Bayside and taking my kiddo on the speed boat. Womp womp!  We're going to just stay in FLL and maybe do an airboat tour or something and we'll shuttle down to Miami on Sunday morning. 

3 hours ago, KP@Sea said:

We just came to the same realization over the weekend. I couldn’t figure out why everything was either sold out or exorbitantly priced.

Following for suggestions… 

My favorite, Intercontinental, which I've always paid in the $300s for was over $700 a night!!! Nope!

It's a very tough weekend to be in downtown Miami and Brickell and was a weekend that I tried to be away for when I lived in Brickell.  The event has a huge impact on the surrounding area.

I would HIGHLY suggest staying far away from the hotels near Bayfront park even if one does end up having a room. That's due to the crowds and the loud music.  

Coconut Grove might be an area that I would look in.

Thank you everyone for the info. Would it make sense to stay either near the Miami airport or stay in Ft Lauderdale? Staying in Ft. Lauderdale I was afraid not getting to the port early in case there were a lot of traffic. Unfortunately I am not real familiar with the Miami area. 

19 hours ago, NJLVW said:

Thank you everyone for the info. Would it make sense to stay either near the Miami airport or stay in Ft Lauderdale? Staying in Ft. Lauderdale I was afraid not getting to the port early in case there were a lot of traffic. Unfortunately I am not real familiar with the Miami area. 

You are sailing on a Sunday so the traffic between Fort Lauderdale and Port Miami should be minimal. ( I take it you are flying into Fort Lauderdale.)

If you are getting into Fort Lauderdale early on Saturday, then I would stay up there in either Fort Lauderdale or Dania Beach  and enjoy all that it has to offer.  If your flight is late and you are just looking for a place to sleep, then you can stay near the airport if you want to be closer.

Coconut Grove is also a lovely area in Miami and you won't have any of the music festival issues there. 

Personally, I would stay in Fort Lauderdale and head to the port in Miami on Sunday.  Figure it will take about 30-45 minutes to get to the port depending on where you stay.  You can also take the Brightline train down.

While I don't go to Ultra itself, I do attend many Miami Music Week events that weekend. Ultra is of course in downtown Miami but there are DJ events all over downtown, Miami Beach and Wynwood. My recommendation would be to stay anywhere around the airport and then taxi/rideshare to the port on Sunday morning. Ultra's Day 3 is on Sunday but it doesn't start until around 1PM so traffic to the port that morning will not be impacted by Ultra.

On 9/17/2024 at 4:16 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

You are sailing on a Sunday so the traffic between Fort Lauderdale and Port Miami should be minimal. ( I take it you are flying into Fort Lauderdale.)…….

Personally, I would stay in Fort Lauderdale and head to the port in Miami on Sunday.  Figure it will take about 30-45 minutes to get to the port depending on where you stay.  You can also take the Brightline train down.

We just scheduled our flights into FLL

arriving 3/28, so planning on spending 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale. Is there an area you recommend that is convenient to restaurants and hopefully shopping to p/u the last minute essentials? (I tried searching & reading but quickly became overwhelmed with the different areas 🤣)

Thank you!