New "Cruise Concierge" - 50/50 guess how that's going

BoundForSea

Youve got a 50/50 shot on how this new experience has been and the first guess doesnt count. 

So having been a customer of MSC for Almost 5 years now and a TA I have to say they the weak point in the line is shore side service. 

So couple months ago got this email and voicemail introducing me to my new Concierge who will be my personal goto rep like NCL and other lines have. Oh great. She sounded lively and kind. I was looking forward to it. 

Well she never returned any of my calls or emails. Then she was gone. 

Fast forward to last week. New gentleman and email and VM and called him. Well he answered but was a JERK. Beyond sounding miserable and like I was a massive annoyance before I even got a question off. Well got answers that were dead wrong on changes and then after that never got a return call despite my emails and messages. 

Curious if anyone else has had this experience or is this like typical MSC inconsistency in product quality- Like how YC Butlers used to be- roll of the dice great or fail. 

Ofc once on board as always the quality of the experience is leaps and bounds better than the shore side service. 

YMMV as they say! 

Going to a new TA. They can have that joy I used to and have had with the shoreside help. 

Edited by BoundForSea

25 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

Curious if anyone else has had this experience or is this like typical MSC inconsistency in product quality...

My MSC Concierge was great. I would mention him by name but I know that giving the name isn't allowed on this site. I use his direct phone number if I need something. For example, an excursion that I had booked months ago wasn't showing up online. I was fully prepared with the excursion code, the amount, and the date that it was paid along with the confirmation. I expected the usual MSC "fight" but the concierge could see exactly what I had booked. There was another time when he came through for me when the website was acting up. 

I still do most things on my own but if I need to add a discount (5%+10%, for example) and the website isn't behaving or if there is a price drop that I want without my reservation getting screwed, I contact him. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

My MSC Concierge was great. I would mention him by name but I know that giving the name isn't allowed on this site. I use his direct phone number if I need something. For example, an excursion that I had booked months ago wasn't showing up online. I was fully prepared with the excursion code, the amount, and the date that it was paid along with the confirmation. I expected the usual MSC "fight" but the concierge could see exactly what I had booked. There was another time when he came through for me when the website was acting up. 

I still do most things on my own but if I need to add a discount (5%+10%, for example) and the website isn't behaving or if there is a price drop that I want without my reservation getting screwed, I contact him. 

You're blessed then. Don't lose him. My phone call was to add the 5 percent discount that the system should have added when i booked online to the reservation which was past final payment date because I just booked it inside of final payment. His answer, no discounts can be added after final payment. We went around and around. Finally I gave up. Emailed MSC and it was added in 24 hours. 

Now he doesn't even answer emails or phone calls. So it must be like butlers. When you have a good one you scored. 

I wonder if we can request a change in who we are assigned. If you can ask him next time you speak to him let me know if you would. I'm sure they work off commission and would love new very active clients. 

Thanks 2 wheels. It's what I figured. 

We have had a MSC Concierge for about 1-1/2 years. He initially introduced himself after I had used the website to search for a cruise. Since then we do all of our MSC bookings through him. I do use the telephone appointment process the majority of the time but he has returned my call if I just have a quick question. It has made booking MSC cruises extremely easy!

Edited by Heartgrove