Club Orange on Rotterdam

jabrown40

46 minutes ago, jabrown40 said:

Other than the Behind the Scenes tour, the rest of those aren't anything I'd use.  A free bag of laundry would be a much better perk!

Behind the Scenes tours are on hold. 

IMHO the Club Orange perk that appeals most to me is the savings for stateroom upgrades.on Pinnacle-class ships that have more than one category of verandah staterooms.

CO provides perks like going to the front of the line at embarkation, guest services (& immediate resolution in your favor), restaurant reservations, cabin upgrade, Bloody Marys or champagne at breakfast, reserved table for dinner, meals cooked in CO instead of kitchen, like a formal night everynight, We drank in the lounge next to the ‘fish bowl’ and the hostess got us when they were ready. 

As 4*Mariners laundry was a perk, and carrying our own stuff aboard, laundry was not optional but necessary. Self-carry also gets off the ship first and that’s a big deal.

16 hours ago, jabrown40 said:

Does anyone know the times breakfast is served on the Rotterdam club orange room?

in my experience, breakfast hours can change in CO separate dining room (and MDR). Depends on when the ship arrives in port vs sea day. Can open as early as 6:30am and I think last fall we had as late as 8am on a TA sea day. 

It is also open on last day for breakfast which is a nice, calm way to eat before getting off rather than the frenzy of the Lido. We have been able to breakfast in the CO dining room and still walk off with our own luggage. 

• Like 2

On 9/30/2024 at 11:12 AM, Crew News said:

Yes but only on Pinnacle-class ships.  Here is a link to CO breakfast menu:  Club Orange Breakfast Menu - Pinnacle Class Only

We were on the Volendam in August with CO and the special CO room service menu had the included fresh squeezed OJ and mimosas for delivery. We had room service every day so I do not know if the drinks were available in the MDR breakfast.

We enjoyed CO on the Volendam in August, never had to wait in line for a table in the MDR, just walked up to the CO podium and got immediately seated ahead of those waiting in line for tables without CO.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2024 at 10:50 PM, Crew News said:

Behind the Scenes tours are on hold. 

IMHO the Club Orange perk that appeals most to me is the savings for stateroom upgrades. On Pinnacle-class ships that have more than one category of verandah staterooms.

We booked a 14-day August 2026 Nieuw Statendam cruise while on the Volendam last month. We booked a VH GTY category verandah cabin, added CO and got upgraded to a V category midship cabin the difference between the 2 categories was $590pp, CO cost us $210pp. The V category cabin is what we would have booked if CO was not available, so we got CO basically for free.

• Like 1

I have done the same thing a few times - booked VH GTY, added CO and upgraded to a V category.  However, when searching for cruises in the Caribbean, there do not seem to be any VH cabins available.  I don't see how they can be sold out since I was looking at 2016 cruises.  Anyone notice this?