Oceania v Explora?

Vallesan

We have a hold on an Explora cruise for August 25.

I have an upcoming Oceania cruise with all the ‘book on board’ perks but just can’t find an Oceania cruise in Europe that suits. So we have a hold on an Explora11 ship. 

I would really like to hear from Oceania cruisers who have tried Explora.

Would like to hear the good, bad and ugly!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

We have a hold on an Explora cruise for August 25.

I have an upcoming Oceania cruise with all the ‘book on board’ perks but just can’t find an Oceania cruise in Europe that suits. So we have a hold on an Explora11 ship. 

I would really like to hear from Oceania cruisers who have tried Explora.

Would like to hear the good, bad and ugly!

The guy to ask is Ray Carr.

Actually, due to my current disappointment with O’s newly announced “Simply Less,” I’ve been looking at Explora. Ships look good and passenger load is reasonable at under 1,000. However, itineraries on the two current ships are pretty boring (and way too short) for our tastes. They’ve borrowed O’s “extended journey” label for several multi-segment cruises. But, even those itineraries are mostly geared to mass market tastes.

But, with multiple O bookings over the next 18+ months, we’ve got time to continue looking at other possibilities while we wait/hope for O to “snap out” of their current “Simply Less” marketing lunacy. 

• Like 4

Not as experienced as many cruisers. We didn't find an O itinerary for Greece that we liked. Our TA searched for options and one was EJ. We are booked b2b June 2025. We look forward to trying something different. My sister just returned from an O cruise on the "newly refurbished" Marina that was NOT truly refurbished. They skipped a port and then no shuttle into Glasgow  and no excursion they wanted to take that had availability so they ended up staying shipboard. We are booked on an O cruise to Australia/NZ in 2026. My concerns are excursions as in what's available and $. I'm watching CC reviews for both lines with all the changes happening as well as other places. 

• Like 2