Should we give NCL our “two cents”? (A little humor)

ggTexasGal

5 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

We definitely paid the "Balance Due" amount yesterday morning and then received an appropriate invoice showing it was PAID IN FULL.

The problem occurred after the Share Holders' OBC was added to our account ... and then the account "regenerated overnight."

Regardless of what you did yesterday or anything to do with your OBC, get the invoice, take the NUMBERS representing the charges and payments...you'll find the discrepancy. Numbers don't play wordgames.

1 hour ago, NJGeorge said:

Well not a cruise balance but I had a hospital stay last January. 

After the insurance payments and me paying the leftover balance. The hospital keeps sending me a bill for 6 cents! So far they have mailed me an invoice 5 times. So far they have spent $2.40 in postage alone. After numerous calls to them they still keep billing me even though the billing dept told me to ignore it and they will make it go away......not. Waiting for a collection company to call.

6 cents on a total bill of $158,000.00

I am sorry that you have had that ongoing headache to accompany the hospital stay! It is baffling beyond belief how their accounting does not compute (in regards to basic common sense.)

Nothing like adding insult to injury (or, surgery)!

@Capitan Obvious You are correct!

However, somebody at NCL definitely created the problem after we had made the correct Final Payment amount on 9/16.  The invoices since show changes in each of our "BOOKING COMPONENTS PER GUEST USD" (Guest Fare).

At the time of our Final Payment: Guest 1 & 2 went from ending with $$$$.33 each, which is what we paid.

Later the same day we sent our request for shareholders benefits.

Somehow, that is when our component endings changed to $$$$.31 & $$$$.32.

And our account showed we owed -02 cents.

This morning after questioning what we truly owed (and paying $.02) our Paid in Full invoice shows the amounts for each of us as $$$$.31 and $$$$.33.

In fact, we have overpaid by $.02, which is no big deal!

Yet, wouldn't it be great if NCL didn't change Booking Components AFTER Final Payment had been completed?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

@Capitan Obvious You are correct!

However, somebody at NCL definitely created the problem after we had made the correct Final Payment amount on 9/16.  The invoices since show changes in each of our "BOOKING COMPONENTS PER GUEST USD" (Guest Fare).

This morning after questioning what we truly owed (and paying $.02) our Paid in Full invoice shows the amounts for each of us as $$$$.31 and $$$$.33.

In fact, we have overpaid by $.02, which is no big deal!

Yet, wouldn't it be great if NCL didn't change Booking Components AFTER Final Payment had been completed?

A couple of things,

14 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

At the time of our Final Payment: Guest 1 & 2 went from ending with $$$$.33 each, which is what we paid.

Later the same day we sent our request for shareholders benefits.

Somehow, that is when our component endings changed to $$$$.31 & $$$$.32.

And our account showed we owed -02 cents.

If your ending amounts went from $X.33 to SMALLER amounts, then you actually have a CREDIT (IOW, you overpaid) instead of owing money. Above you say "we owed -02 cents"...you can't owe a negative...this would be a credit that they owe to you.

That said...you still don't seem to be getting what I've been trying to say. Forget the words and explanations. Forget comparing the old invoice to the new invoice. Figuring out if an invoice is accurate is easy, IF you resist the urge to jump down the rabbit hole. Just take the invoice with the 2 cent discrepancy. ONLY USING THE AMOUNTS ON THIS INVOICE, add up all of the charges, then add up all of the payments shown. Are those amounts equal or are they different? If the latter, you can easily see if the reported debit/credit is accurate.