ok, has ncl finally crossed the line?

complawyer

8 hours ago, PATRLR said:

You used the word incentive.  For me, it's not lack of incentive it's downright concern.  I'll probably use NCL again for something mindless like the Carribean where we really don't care where the ship stops, but for more "interesting" itineraries I'm concerned enough to look at lines other than NCL.

This has become our exact attitude towards NCL, having been burnt 3 times in the last couple of years by itinerary changes with completely bogus reasons given.  No longer booking NCL for "important stuff" only maybe for mid-winter Caribbean breaks and, TBH MSC has got our attention for that this coming winter out of NYC.  Booked Princess for our next two "important" cruises because we can no longer trust NCL to deliver the itineraries they advertise.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

Lots of theorizing but I would still love to see the two documents put out by NCL.   One for those now debarking in Hong Kong and then for those embarking in Hong Kong.

Or is only the first one available?   Has the second to wait till after the final payment for that cruise? 

What me cynical!

Someone on one of these sailings posted in the “just the facts” thread last week. Can’t remember which end it was. They were notified 1 day after final payment, I believe. 

11 minutes ago, BunnyHutt said:

Someone on one of these sailings posted in the “just the facts” thread last week. Can’t remember which end it was. They were notified 1 day after final payment, I believe. 

I believe that would be me. I've attached the contents of NCL's email below for those interested to read it. This is for the 10 December 2024 sailing from Manila.

On closer inspection of the date and time stamp on the email in my Gmail inbox, it is dated 12 hours after the final payment deadline. So not even 1 day after.

NCLletter.thumb.jpg.2f345911b5e663ea9f270ec4ca7c3b61.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, smallestdog said:

I believe that would be me. I've attached the contents of NCL's email below for those interested to read it. This is for the 10 December 2024 sailing from Manila.

On closer inspection of the date and time stamp on the email in my Gmail inbox, it is dated 12 hours after the final payment deadline. So not even 1 day after.

NCLletter.thumb.jpg.2f345911b5e663ea9f270ec4ca7c3b61.jpg

Twelve hours after final payment on what is probably the very worst itinerary change to date.  A new low.

• Like 2

My final payment was 6/29.  I actually never received a change of itinerary from "NCL".  Others posted about it so I contacted my PCC and she sent it to me.  It was dated July 30th and my cruise departs Oct 27th so 88 or 89 days prior to sailing . . . . So right after the non-haven cancellation policy went from 25% to 50%

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

This has become our exact attitude towards NCL, having been burnt 3 times in the last couple of years by itinerary changes with completely bogus reasons given.  No longer booking NCL for "important stuff" only maybe for mid-winter Caribbean breaks and, TBH MSC has got our attention for that this coming winter out of NYC.  Booked Princess for our next two "important" cruises because we can no longer trust NCL to deliver the itineraries they advertise.

Princess also has a nice transpositioning cruise that visits the ABC islands, Dominica, St Martin and Puerto Rico.  It travels from FLL to Brooklyn in August and then does the reverse in (I think) October or November.    

• Thanks 1

This is BAD.

I would've be very upset.

I wouldn't want to go to Hong Kong or any part of China.  China kidnapped two Canadians, the two Michaels.  So many people from Canada (and other parts of the world) are weary of going to China.  This is not politics, just facts.

NCL needs to let people cancel with full refund, and give people still going a big OBC. 

Hotel bookings, if not non-refundable, can be cancelled.  But many people would've purchased flights out of Manila, and there can be a big cost to change, if changeable at all.

We were on a South Africa cruise last year.  Only after we got on the ship, we were notified the cruise would no longer be going to Durban.  There were discussions and some people indicated they heard from local excursion operators knowing the ship wasn't going there many weeks before, but NCL did not let people know ahead of time.

Yep, NCL has crossed the line for our family. Still waiting for our next year med cruise with NCL high hopes and fascination as it is our first NCL cruise. But I have been looking these asian cruises for possible future trip. Now with these changes it will be certain that if we take an asian cruise it won't be with NCL.  A Basic med or Caribbean cruise I could still use NCL but any exotic port is no go. Which is sad as that cruise itinerary was really interesting.