ok, has ncl finally crossed the line?

complawyer

46 minutes ago, UKstages said:

the end of the world?  nope, especially since NCL is offering some compensation, although the compensation may be different for USA travelers than intra-asia travelers… i don’t know. (and, sadly, very little of it applies to me… more on that later.)

When you said you were booked on fully refundable airfare, I understood. The specific operational challenges NCL may or may not be facing really isnt relevant. People booked X, NCL is delivering Y. Y creates adverse economic impact to their passengers who dont have the benefit of refundable airfare.

Edited by luv2kroooz

16 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

Twelve hours after final payment on what is probably the very worst itinerary change to date.  A new low.

THAT - coupled with changing an EMBARKATION port to a DIFFERENT COUNTRY, I definitely agree.

Yep. I can be forgiving of itinerary changes BETWEEN embarking and disembarking ports... but changing those ports significantly impacts travel plans before/after the cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JSar said:

THAT - coupled with changing an EMBARKATION port to a DIFFERENT COUNTRY, I definitely agree.

Yes, the "different country" part makes it extra serious. I usually book Airline tickets that are partially changeable. I can change date and cities within the same country. Offen there is quite a large increase in price for full flexibility or refundable fare. 

Yes this crosses a line for me.  I find it interesting this cruise (Dec. 10, 2024)is no longer listed on NCL's website.  Not sure what this means.  It is the weekend so hard to tell with the IT department what may be happening.

Edited by davencl
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, complawyer said:

if  you recall, i was on the cruise right after yours. you underline my point exactly! 

changing or cancelling a cruise port, while certainly both an inconvenience and disappointment, shouldnt ruin the entire cruise.

changing the final disembarkation port is beyond outrageous.

Actually it was the other way around.  You sailed on the Star around Southeast Asia in December 2016 or January 2017, as I recall.  We boarded in Sydney on 6 February 2017.  The point, of course, is that even though that ship suffered multiple itinerary changes over a period of more than two months, NCL at least made it to the scheduled ports of embarkation and debarkation on time.  They also offered varying amounts of compensation to the passengers on the several cruise segments.  Not everyone was happy with the amounts offered, of course.  Remember the near mutiny that occurred in late January?  I think you’re right about changing the debarkation and embarkation port for this coming cruise, though.  That really crosses the line.

for that one cruise, (as ive said before) ncl stepped up to the plate and offered generous compensation for the problem. they reduced the fare of that sailing by 50%. We had a a forward penthouse suite, and a 50% price reduction for another cruise. so i booked a 14 day cruise on the epic the following year. booked a 2 bedroom, my wife and i took our grandson and a close friend of his.

it appears, however  that such generosity is a thing of the past.. aint  ever happening again.

4 hours ago, davencl said:

Yes this crosses a line for me.  I find it interesting this cruise (Dec. 10, 2024)is no longer listed on NCL's website.  Not sure what this means.  It is the weekend so hard to tell with the IT department what may be happening.

Actually, that cruise disappeared from NCL's website about 2 weeks before final payment date. I suspected that changes were brewing 

• Like 1