Rose Wine

CruiseCrew123

I was also told they will not restock until Athens. So no Rose for one week cruisers. That means the person responsible for stock control stocked for one week instead of two. What a shambles. Same story for Portuguese custard tarts (pasteis de nata)

Edited by Claret and Blue
Update

That is a disaster

Today has been a shambles all round it’s all about the joiners and it’s impossible to get service eg your room properly cleaned. We did get rose wine on room service at lunchtime- tonight will be interesting! 

Hang on a second.  I can understand it might not be easy to get European rosé wine at short notice however there’s this country called Turkey that sells Turkish rose wine.  Whilst I expect it would taste different I recall seeing it on the price list of a five star hotel.

10 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

We already gave feedback on. Mykonos trip where they made us make our own way back to ship. Of course I have had no response or compensation from the Destinations team!!

I would escalate that to the General Manager if you can find him 

58 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

I will be suggesting they can source Turkish Rose - some of their blush is very nice 

My husband has spoken to the General Manager who said he did not know there was a problem and he is going to investigate. However the bar staff showed me new wine lists that have been printed with no rose wine on them at all. Hard to believe such a change was made without someone knowing. 

Here is the new wine list. There is also no Cabernet Sauvignon, DH is not happy as he also lost the South American Malbec after Day 1 last week 

IMG_6792.jpeg

Last week for comparison 

IMG_6758.thumb.jpeg.7532fc67a73c6bfa604cb6b460cc898b.jpeg

Edited by uktog

Just now, CruiseCrew123 said:

No Chardonnay either 😭

Unbelievable isn’t it. I don’t drink Chardonnay but I can imagine many will be unhappy and rightly so. This isn’t a “premium” experience at all 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Do you know if we are meant to get another bottle of spirits /champagne this week ?

Given how long it took us to the spirits and we never got an offer of wine, I wouldn’t hold your breath. When it suits them, we’re on one Cruise and when it suits them, we’re on two Cruises.😂😂

And my days just got worse they’ve cancelled my excursion to the cooking experience in Istanbul tomorrow giving me late notice so I cannot rearrange privately 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

I see they nixed the Austrian Gruner too.

The cheapest Chardonnay on the pay list is $80

I am sure all of the influencers on Explora II have a full wine list.

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

3/4s of a bottle of rose located by one of the pools!! I’m taking sealed bids up until 15:30 local time and will reveal the location to the highest bidder 🤣

IMG_4464.jpeg

Did you steal that from the pile of bottles the authorities impounded yesterday 😂. No chance of any rose wine until late tomorrow and only if the next port authorities agree. 

• Haha 1

This thread has made me fondly think of one my best friends, since passed, who hated flying and would take the train whenever possible. He was travelling on VIA 1 here in Canada - the equivalent of "First Class" on some European or American train lines with full meal and beverage service.

The steward came around to his seat, held up one bottle in one hand and asked "red"?, held up the other bottle in the other hand,  asked "white" and then put both bottle necks in the same hand and held them up together and asked "rosé"?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5