How much time do I need to allow?

Lorabelle

I'll be on the Infinity in May that returns to San Francisco. My flight is out of Oakland. I'm looking at two flight times. One departs at noon. That would mean getting to the airport by 11:00 at the latest. The next flight out is at 2:30. I'd prefer to do the first one because I think the second one will require an extended wait at the airport. No biggie, but better if we don't have to.

Do you think it's unreasonable to think that we could get off the ship and make it to the airport by 11:00? The ship is supposed to dock at 7:00 AM.

This is a short flight for us and we should be able to catch another flight later in the day should we miss our original one. There are flights going out every couple of hours to our destination.

What do you think?

Lori

Hi:) you will probably be off on time...but personally,

I would book the later one....then if you get to the airport in

plenty of time, see if there are seats available and how much extra

it would be to get on the first flight.

Just one person's opinion;)

Oh..then again when I fly to CA it is always across the whole

whole country...so I am flying all day long anyway.:rolleyes:

Lorabelle, we are also cruising Infinity May 8th returning on may 20th. Celebrity told us to book the flights out after 1:30pm, just in case we get back later than expected. My TA double checked and also got the same answer. So take the later flight to be on the safe side.

Returning to SFO can be a real problem---because of fog. This causes ships to be late on many ocassions. Book the later flight and then you won't be nail biting if the ship is delayed for any reason.

We did the same trip last May. The cruise before us was delayed getting off the ship. Same thing happened for our cruise. Traffic is horrendous in SF near the cruise pier. We had to wait about three quarters of an hour for our shuttle to pick us up because of the traffic. I would definitely recommend the later flight.

Archived