Vaccinations/Immunizations

jbcool

Are vaccinations/immunizations (for diphtheria, tetanus, typhoid, Hep A, B, etc.) necessary for transatlantic and Baltic cruises?

No special vaccinations/immunizations are necessary.

Is there a reason you posted this question twice (cross-posting)?

My travel clinic recommends that I don't travel as far as my office without up-to-date protection against tetanus, hepatitis A, polio and typhoid. In the UK, that then gets you diphtheria protection as well. While none of this is necessary, you may find that you're told that it's a good idea. And if you have this set of vaccinations, you'll find that you've then got the recommended (even if not mandatory) protection for most places in the world.

Globaliser, thanks so much for your note! Since I posted, both our local Health Clinic and physician returned the calls I had made to them, and they both highly recommend the same vaccinations you mentioned.

Jeannyct, I posted on both threads because we are doing B2B on the transatlantic and Baltic, and I wanted to get as much input as I could from those with international traveling experiences related to health issues. Thanks!

Archived