San Pedro California Hotel

Wmit

4 hours ago, Wmit said:

Looking for recent recommendations for San Pedro for I night pre cruise. Thank you

I think the experts recommend either the Crowne Plaza or Doubletree. I stay at the CP cuz it's within view of the terminal.  I wanna know that I'm close to the ship when I wake up in the a.m.

We are sailing on Nov 30 and are spending 2 days in So Cal pre cruise. We were in the same proverbial boat. We ultimately decided on Ritz Carlton in Marina Del Rey. Short Trek to Venice Beach and Santa Monica Pier. We have some awesome food reservations and the hotel looks lovely. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J13C85 said:

We ultimately decided on Ritz Carlton in Marina Del Rey. Short Trek to Venice Beach and Santa Monica Pier. We have some awesome food reservations and the hotel looks lovely. 

Was just at the Ritz MDR two weeks ago. Had a very nice stay. Its an older Ritz, and shows its age in some places, but they look like they just finished a recent renovation and most pubic areas are very nice. Definitely have breakfast outside on the marina side if you can. Only real complaint were the guest room bathrooms which show the age of the hotel-- tiny and tub/shower combo which I really don't like at this price point. Other than that everything was top notch. 

Also make sure if you are looking for sun that you get to the pool early-- the way the building is situated the pool only gets sun in the morning and by the early afternoon everything is in the shade. They keep the pool so frigid that it's only pleasant to swim in when there is direct sun (but there is a nice hot tub). 

Great spot though to explore from though-- close to the airport, Santa Monica is easy to get to (we just used Ubers), and you get all you want out of a Southern California luxury hotel at half of what you would pay for luxury hotels in Beverly Hills. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

I like the Ritz Carlton a lot, but usually a third of the price is the Jamaica Bay Inn Marina Del Rey, which is very nice, especially for the price.

Once we decided on MDR, we originally booked Jamaica Bay, but the price difference was only about $200, $900 for Jamaica and $1100 for Rtiz (total for both nights). Thought Ritz was worth the Extra $100 per night).

BTW, Concierge at Ritz got us a Chef's Table at Scopa for Black Friday (DW and I are big fans of the Chef Owner, Antonia Lafasa). No guarantee she will be there, but it should be an amazing experience.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Was just at the Ritz MDR two weeks ago. Had a very nice stay. Its an older Ritz, and shows its age in some places, but they look like they just finished a recent renovation and most pubic areas are very nice. Definitely have breakfast outside on the marina side if you can. Only real complaint were the guest room bathrooms which show the age of the hotel-- tiny and tub/shower combo which I really don't like at this price point. Other than that everything was top notch. 

Also make sure if you are looking for sun that you get to the pool early-- the way the building is situated the pool only gets sun in the morning and by the early afternoon everything is in the shade. They keep the pool so frigid that it's only pleasant to swim in when there is direct sun (but there is a nice hot tub). 

Great spot though to explore from though-- close to the airport, Santa Monica is easy to get to (we just used Ubers), and you get all you want out of a Southern California luxury hotel at half of what you would pay for luxury hotels in Beverly Hills. 

Thank you so much for this post and the info.