Vista cabins 9103/9105/9107

Techie

For anyone who has stayed in one of these cabins, was there any issue with noise?  Any other issues?  Have seen so many complaints about lack of soundproofing on the Vista.

Cruised many many years ago on the Marina but basically a new Oceania cruiser..

TIA

5 hours ago, Techie said:

For anyone who has stayed in one of these cabins, was there any issue with noise?  Any other issues?  Have seen so many complaints about lack of soundproofing on the Vista.

Cruised many many years ago on the Marina but basically a new Oceania cruiser..

TIA

Makes zero difference where your cabin is. All have the same/equal soundproofing. It all depends on your neighbors and whether they talk in louder than muffled tones and play their TV very much. I experienced noise issues during 28 days on Vista in two different cabins on two different decks. Discussions with the GM, concierge, and reception desk staff confirmed that the problem is pervasive throughout the ship and will likely be addressed in the next drydock. I will be avoiding Vista for the next few years until I hear the problem has been successfully addressed. I will say that some Vista guests (including friends who reside in my community) say they have enjoyed the Vista without any noise issues. I believe they were just lucky and had quiet neighbors. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, edgee said:

Makes zero difference where your cabin is. All have the same/equal soundproofing. It all depends on your neighbors and whether they talk in louder than muffled tones and play their TV very much. I experienced noise issues during 28 days on Vista in two different cabins on two different decks. Discussions with the GM, concierge, and reception desk staff confirmed that the problem is pervasive throughout the ship and will likely be addressed in the next drydock. I will be avoiding Vista for the next few years until I hear the problem has been successfully addressed. I will say that some Vista guests (including friends who reside in my community) say they have enjoyed the Vista without any noise issues. I believe they were just lucky and had quiet neighbors. 

Thanks for the advice from those of us considering a future cruise on The Vista.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, edgee said:

they have enjoyed the Vista without any noise issues

I would be one such. We stayed just down the corridor from those of interest to the OP, in 9063. Not the slightest noise from either adjacent cabin, which were definitely occupied. We've booked the same cabin for next years cruise and have our fingers crossed.

It is obviously only a small sample of the total number of Vista's guests but the majority of folk who have commented on the forum, and given their cabin number, did not experience any issues. That was in contributions posted up to 25/8/24. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harters said:

I would be one such. We stayed just down the corridor from those of interest to the OP, in 9063. Not the slightest noise from either adjacent cabin, which were definitely occupied. We've booked the same cabin for next years cruise and have our fingers crossed.

It is obviously only a small sample of the total number of Vista's guests but the majority of folk who have commented on the forum, and given their cabin number, did not experience any issues. That was in contributions posted up to 25/8/24. 

My information comes from personal experience and senior crew on Vista as well a lengthy conversation on the matter with general manager on another Oceania ship who had recently transferred from Vista. She noted the great contrast in number of noise complaints between her current ship and the Vista.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edgee said:

My information comes from personal experience

As I have said before on at least one previous occasion, I do not dismiss  your experience. That there is an issue on the ship (and the Regent sister ship) is not in question. But please don't dismiss my experience or that of others who have not experienced a problem. 

Edited by Harters

2 minutes ago, Harters said:

As I have said before on at least one previous occasion, I do not diss your experience. That there is an issue on the ship (and the Regent sister ship) is not in question. But please don't diss my experience or that of others who have not experienced a problem. 

Did not mean it to be a diss or in any way disrespectful. I even pointed out that a good friend had an experience similar to yours. Just emphasizing the point that is who your neighbors are that determines your Vista noise experience, not the cabin you choose and this point has been confirmed to me by senior officers who are in a position to know.

This may be entirely the case. Folk who have experienced problems have commented that normal speech levels from an adjacent cabin and very low level TV noise are disruptive. That does suggest that, for those of us who have not experienced a problem, our neighbours must have been surprisingly completely silent. Maybe  they knew of the issue and communicated by sign language. 

Edited by Harters
  • Haha 1