Balcony Lights

janetz

Okay, guess I'll take a jab at this one.......

Considering that those lights may catch fire if unattended, and you really aren't supposed to use extension cords, (since they pose a risk to fire too), I would say leave them at home and enjoy the moonlight.

You might want to call the cruise line and see if these lights are allowed. With the recent balcony fire on Princess, I don't think cruise lines will allow them anymore due to fire hazard. I know people will say those lights can't cause a fire, but lights can, and do, short out all the time and there are many household fires started by Christmas lights, so why take the chance. Also, extension cords outside is a REAL fire hazard and you're not allowed to have extension cords on your balcony. Plus, with the salt air, those lights can corrode very quickly, causing a fire hazard. BTW, why would anyone feel the need to bring lights for a cruise ship balcony?

Please do NOT bring lights. The most beautiful sights when cruising are the moon and the stars you can see because it is VERY DARK on your balcony at night.

If you bring lights, it will create a carnival (don't flame me - I don't mean the cruise line) atmosphere in an otherwise romantic setting.

And of course, there is a fire hazard.

Not a good idea to bring lights for your balcony. Yes, there are some battery-operated strings of lights, but....still not a good idea.

One thing - it could be a navigational hazard if everybody started doing this. I could try to explain that, but it's too technical.

I've also heard of cabin stewards (doing their job) removing lights folks have strung on their balconies.

Just don't do it. Enjoy the moonlight and stars!:)

Archived