Oceania's price policy

Cadorina

Thanks for your reply @EJL2023  Neither of us have any recollection of receiving anything setting out the terms of the BPG whilst on board (or subsequently), but we’re checking all the info we received at the time.  

Would you be prepared to outline what the covering email you received said?

Edited by Tr1v1alCru1ser

32 minutes ago, Tr1v1alCru1ser said:

Thanks for your reply @EJL2023  Neither of us have any recollection of receiving anything setting out the terms of the BPG whilst on board (or subsequently), but we’re checking all the info we received at the time.  

Would you be prepared to outline what the covering email you received said?

IMG_1207.jpeg

• Like 1

So there are a lot of qualifications on the best price guarantee as set forth above.  There needs to be cabins available in your category, and O has a lot of discretion on how to handle price reductions after final payment.

I have not booked onboard with O, but did so with Celebrity one time.  There were also many qualifications, and I could not use it on several bookings I made.  

• Like 1

Isn't there a difference between purchasing a FCC onboard versus actually booking a specific cruise?  When we have booked a specific cruise - the terms were we could make one change of cruise, lower deposit, OBC, onboard savings  and would have BPG.  When we purchased a FCC, we simply received the OBC for the current cruise or one booked using the FCC, the lower deposit , onboard savings applied to cruise booked with FCC and we could make one change of cruise.  There was no BPG with a FCC.  Perhaps, the confusion is which type of onboard purchase was made - a FCC or an actual booked cruise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, basor said:

Isn't there a difference between purchasing a FCC onboard versus actually booking a specific cruise?  When we have booked a specific cruise - the terms were we could make one change of cruise, lower deposit, OBC, onboard savings  and would have BPG.  When we purchased a FCC, we simply received the OBC for the current cruise or one booked using the FCC, the lower deposit , onboard savings applied to cruise booked with FCC and we could make one change of cruise.  There was no BPG with a FCC.  Perhaps, the confusion is which type of onboard purchase was made - a FCC or an actual booked cruise.

I think you nailed it.

8 minutes ago, basor said:

I used the BPG with a FCC for a price reduction (before final payment) plus OBC (after final payment) for a June 2024 cruise (FCC purchased in Sep 2023). There has not been an opportunity to test BPG for our Dec 2024 cruise (FCC purchased in June 2024) since I bought it during the summer sale in August 2024 and it is now waitlisted.

Oh, also the advertisement to buy a FCC included BPG last June (but maybe not after July?).

Edited by AMHuntFerry