Honolulu Luau

justjan2

Sounds better than most of the luaus on the island that typically have several hundred people brought by the busload. I would generally tell people that a nice meal in Waiklki or in downtwon Honolulu would be preferable to an hour plus bus ride for a watered down Mai Tai and palateable, but not great, kalau pork.

On 9/27/2024 at 10:48 PM, EtaC said:

I would generally tell people that a nice meal in Waiklki or in downtwon Honolulu would be preferable to an hour plus bus ride

There ae many luaus in Honolulu that are not "an hour bus ride". There is one right at the Aloha Tower Cruise Terminal, plus two or three in Waikiki itself.

But Experience Nutridge, probably 25-30 minutes from the cruise terminal is my current favorite. I also love the Hale Koa Luau in Waikiki, but you need DOD credentials to attend.

51 minutes ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

There ae many luaus in Honolulu that are not "an hour bus ride". There is one right at the Aloha Tower Cruise Terminal, plus two or three in Waikiki itself.

But Experience Nutridge, probably 25-30 minutes from the cruise terminal is my current favorite. I also love the Hale Koa Luau in Waikiki, but you need DOD credentials to attend.

True, but I'm thinking more of the Kona coast places like Germaine's or the Polynesian Cultural Center on the east shore which are the usual spots cruise tours go. PCC usually gets good reviews but I've been to several of the others and was not impressed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2024 at 9:53 AM, EtaC said:

True, but I'm thinking more of the Kona coast places like Germaine's or the Polynesian Cultural Center on the east shore which are the usual spots cruise tours go. PCC usually gets good reviews but I've been to several of the others and was not impressed.

Germaine's hasn't been good for decades and I think you mean Ko Olina, not Kona. PCC is still considered North Shore.

We do Hale Koa because my husband is retired Navy, but we've been to most over the years. The Hilton one is nice on Fridays when it is by the lagoon.