Disembarking at Athens

Sololux

Hi, I’m going to disembark next May at Athens.   Will I have sufficient time from disembarking to get to Athens airport for a noon flight?

unfortunately I need to change to get home to Toulouse and it looks like BA is my best option.

Yesterday disembarkation started at 0800 and last call to leave was 0915. I would allow an hour to get to the airport. Taxis were not plentiful so I would prebook eg with Welcome Pickups. Based on that you should be fine. Don’t rely on Explora transfers they are at an outrageous price. 

Many thanks Uktog.  I was thinking of booking with Blacklane.  We’ve had some hiccups with some taxis in the past so I’m feeling a bit more vulnerable as I’m travelling alone this time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sololux said:

Many thanks Uktog.  I was thinking of booking with Blacklane.  We’ve had some hiccups with some taxis in the past so I’m feeling a bit more vulnerable as I’m travelling alone this time.

Good move. I’d certainly prebook and make sure the driver is allowed into the terminal area to collect you. Yesterday our driver provided by an out of town hotel was not but with WhatsApp we managed to connect up ok. 

Making a noon flight out of ATH will be no problem.  There are usually plenty of taxis, lined up, at the Pireaus cruise terminals, any of whom will happily take you to the airport.  It is also possible to walk about 1 mile to the Dimotiki Theatro Metro Station and catch the Blue Line (Line 3) directly to ATH.  I mention the Metro because it is an option, but do not recommend it for most folks who have luggage.  For us, it is just a matter of picking up the luggage, walking outside the terminal, and hopping in a taxi.

Hank

Ahhhhhh, don’t know what to do.  
To get back to Toulouse from Athens my main option is to fly BA Athens - Heathrow - Heathrow - Toulouse.  My big problem is BA.  Yet again they cancelled my flight, this time last Saturday.  People I’ve talked with say KLM isn’t much better.  I need to fly business as I’m away for more than 20 days so will have two suitcases.

Prior to joining the cruise in Istanbul I’m flying Turkish airlines with a direct flight from Toulouse.  I’m staying a couple of nights in a quiet modern hotel on the Bosporus but quite away from the tourist areas.

i could get a Turkish airlines flight from Athens to Istanbul stay three nights and get another direct flight from Istanbul to Toulouse.  the cost is considerably reduced if I add more flights onto my first flight.  I’ve found a quirky hotel in the tourist area - Sirkeci Mansion Hotel - the top floor rooms come with an outside terrace overlooking the park.  I’ve always wanted to return to the Topkapi Palace and it’s closed on Tuesdays, which is the next port day after boarding, so this would be my opportunity.

So, do I fly back home or spend some time in Istanbul - my head is locked into a loop!

Ahhhhhh, don’t know what to do.  
To get back to Toulouse from Athens my main option is to fly BA Athens - Heathrow - Heathrow - Toulouse.  My big problem is BA.  Yet again they cancelled my flight, this time last Saturday.  People I’ve talked with say KLM isn’t much better.  I need to fly business as I’m away for more than 20 days so will have two suitcases.

Prior to joining the cruise in Istanbul I’m flying Turkish airlines with a direct flight from Toulouse.  I’m staying a couple of nights in a quiet modern hotel on the Bosporus but quite away from the tourist areas.

i could get a Turkish airlines flight from Athens to Istanbul stay three nights and get another direct flight from Istanbul to Toulouse.  the cost is considerably reduced if I add more flights onto my first flight.  I’ve found a quirky hotel in the tourist area - Sirkeci Mansion Hotel - the top floor rooms come with an outside terrace overlooking the park.  I’ve always wanted to return to the Topkapi Palace and it’s closed on Tuesdays, which is the next 

have you seen the price of gold bags lately!