Princess Transfer Cruise port to LAX

hunt182644

Looking at taking Princess transfer after Mexican cruise, port to LAX. Flight from LAX to LAS will leave at 1 PM. Am aware there are other options, plan on using Princess,] tho. Have you used this transfer and wondering when they leave the port and if we will be there in time for a 1PM flight. Open to other ideas and approx cost, Princess is $ 88.00 for two.

4 minutes ago, hunt182644 said:

Looking at taking Princess transfer after Mexican cruise, port to LAX. Flight from LAX to LAS will leave at 1 PM. Am aware there are other options, plan on using Princess,] tho. Have you used this transfer and wondering when they leave the port and if we will be there in time for a 1PM flight. Open to other ideas and approx cost, Princess is $ 88.00 for two.

We always use Uber or Lyft.  On the day we arrived in San Pedro, Princess had several busses.  When one filled it left and another started loading.  Saw three, probably were more.

With the ride services you pretty much leave immediately and are dropped off at your airline.  Little to no waiting.

We used the PCL transfer from SanPedro to LAX a few months ago.

They will assign you a time to disembark, according to the flight time you put in the travel section and then you go outside and ask about the Princess transfer buses.

They were outside the door just to the right, lined up. 4-5 buses.  They told you which bus, according to what airline you are on.  Long line, but it moved pretty fast.  They do fill them first, before moving, but that took about 15 mins in line.  We were on the third bus.

If I were to take it again, I’d go on an earlier disembarkation time. So, not to wait in line as long.

We had a 115pm flight and had plenty of time.  It was a weekend day. NP

Normally, we uber/lyft, but wanted to try it.  The last time we used Lyft at LAX, we waited 15 mins in a huge crowd, on the sidewalk, just to your left outside of the door.  Just because the driver didn’t know how to find the terminal!  Hello?  He must have been new.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Normally, we uber/lyft, but wanted to try it.  The last time we used Lyft at LAX, we waited 15 mins in a huge crowd, on the sidewalk, just to your left outside of the door.  Just because the driver didn’t know how to find the terminal!  Hello?  He must have been new.

Curious as to how you used Lyft AT LAX, as opposed to going TO LAX, as we're back there in a few months. I was under the impression that rideshares like Uber and Lyft could not pick up at the terminals but had to pick up passengers at the LAX-It lot after a shuttle bus ride.  Was it because you used the top-tier service which AFAIK is the only variant that is allowed to pick up at the terminals? If so, don't they usually use only the best drivers as befits their massive price?

LA local. What you plan is what I would do. Onboard, request self walk-off, which means first off the ship. Meaning you'll be first to the busses. Morning of departure, get to the buffet and have a go all day breakfast. Food at the airport is insanely priced. It's about a 30-40 minute ride to the airport and you're southwest of downtown, no major traffic at that hour. You will have no trouble making your flight. If you take Lyft, Uber, Blackline, Opoli. You're dropped at the lot and LAXit bus in. I am almost certain Princess busses are still allowed to drive the horseshoe. Hope someone here can confirm that with recent experience.

55 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Curious as to how you used Lyft AT LAX, as opposed to going TO LAX, as we're back there in a few months. I was under the impression that rideshares like Uber and Lyft could not pick up at the terminals but had to pick up passengers at the LAX-It lot after a shuttle bus ride.  Was it because you used the top-tier service which AFAIK is the only variant that is allowed to pick up at the terminals? If so, don't they usually use only the best drivers as befits their massive price?

Sorry about that.  I typed too quickly!

Last paragraph:

Previously, I used Lyft FROM san pedro TO LAX as I was replying to the question of a transfer from San Pedro.

Thanks for catching that.  FROM LAX, you are spot on, with ride share pickup at Lax-it.  We used a private service from LAX TO San Pedro the last 2 times, as we wanted a curbside pickup.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

LA local. What you plan is what I would do. Onboard, request self walk-off, which means first off the ship. Meaning you'll be first to the busses. Morning of departure, get to the buffet and have a go all day breakfast. Food at the airport is insanely priced. It's about a 30-40 minute ride to the airport and you're southwest of downtown, no major traffic at that hour. You will have no trouble making your flight. If you take Lyft, Uber, Blackline, Opoli. You're dropped at the lot and LAXit bus in. I am almost certain Princess busses are still allowed to drive the horseshoe. Hope someone here can confirm that with recent experience.

Yes, we did drive in the LAX horseshoe, drop off right at the airline door.

21 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

We Uber'd from San Pedro back to T6 at LAX in February, "regular" Uber Comfort, not Black. The driver dropped us off at the terminal, AFAIK the LAX-It lot is only for being picked up, rideshares can drop off at the terminals.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Sorry about that.  I typed too quickly!

Last paragraph:

Previously, I used Lyft FROM san pedro TO LAX as I was replying to the question of a transfer from San Pedro.

Thanks for catching that.  FROM LAX, you are spot on, with ride share pickup at Lax-it.  We used a private service from LAX TO San Pedro the last 2 times, as we wanted a curbside pickup.

We were lucky the last time we Uber'd from SP. We had early walkoff and were among the first off, around 7:30. I called in the driver once we were outside the tent, and he was in front of us in about 5 minutes. There were only a few others waiting for their rideshare, but no doubt it would have been MUCH busier an hour later when the majority of the thundering herd is disembarking. As to getting FROM LAX, we've only done it twice while the LAX-It lot was in force. First time we walked the few feet from T6 to the hidden taxi stand near T7-8 but waited almost 30 minutes for a taxi to show up. The second time we were spared LAX-It by our arriving late and staying at one of the Century Blvd hotels, then Ubering down to SP early on embarkation morning.

• Like 1

For the life of me, I cannot understand why someone would want to load into a coach with many other people, wait till it was full and travel 45 minutes or so with other passengers hacking, coughing sneezing all around you instead of walking out of the terminal and ordering a rideshare for less money and just your party, no waiting, no exposure to others. You will get plenty of that later on the plane. Did you read the recent thread about " Covid after cruise", maybe a coach full of folks getting off after a cruise just might be a contributer. It's easy to not use a Princess transfer, and cheaper too!

22 minutes ago, echoshipmate said:

For the life of me, I cannot understand why someone would want to load into a coach with many other people, wait till it was full and travel 45 minutes or so with other passengers hacking, coughing sneezing all around you instead of walking out of the terminal and ordering a rideshare for less money and just your party, no waiting, no exposure to others. You will get plenty of that later on the plane. Did you read the recent thread about " Covid after cruise", maybe a coach full of folks getting off after a cruise just might be a contributer. It's easy to not use a Princess transfer, and cheaper too!

Yep.  Just wanted to try it. 

The buses loaded quickly and they were off.  We didn’t get covid either.

Just the line was long to board them.

Guess we were lucky!

However, next time…ride share again and get off the ship by 730am.  😳