Music in Cabin?

I like to sleep at home with the radio on. I'm sure there are not alarm clock radios on ship like in hotels, nor if I brought a radio would it pick up anything but static in the midst of the sea! Do there happen to be any music tv channels on the TV in the cabin? If not, I will have to borrow a friend's i-pod I guess.

I actually like the music on the "announcement" channel! I keep it on when getting ready for dinner. It is quite soft and soothing.

For Leslierx - there is usually a dial somewhere near the vanity in the cabin. You just have to turn the volume higher to hear the music.

Suzanne

I use my mp3 and a pair of small speakers that you can find at any Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc. You can get a decent battery powered set for about $20. They work great for cabin music or out on the balcony during a party. They are plenty loud enough without blowing out your neighbors.

Hi,

On our last cruise we took a clock radio/CD player. It was great having a clock you could see in the dark and it was wonderful to play your favourite music. It did take up some room in the case but with 5 of us travelling together we had lots of case space. If I travel alone I probably wouldn't be able to take it. The other idea is the small speakers that you can attach to a personal CD player or I Pod.

Vanessa

I use my mp3 and a pair of small speakers that you can find at any Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc. You can get a decent battery powered set for about $20. They work great for cabin music or out on the balcony during a party. They are plenty loud enough without blowing out your neighbors.

You could be a really concientious person and all would go fine. However, I hope you are never right next to me with your balcony party and speakers, and I have to question suggesting this combination to anyone else as well. Don't we purchase balconies for the privacy they afford us? Don't you think this combination would be a recipe for hard feelings much of the time in the hands of many cruisers? Of course maybe you might be telepathic and only play music I'll like at the hours I want to hear music while I'm on my balcony. Got any Nat King Cole?

Archived