My LONG Mardi Gras Story - Take Two! (with FunTimes)

mlshum

29 minutes ago, TROY9173 said:

Thanks for the good post and review.  Would you be able to repost Day 5, 6, 7 & Fun times.  The info is blurry and can't be read. The other days look good and are very clear.  Thanks.

I will try when I get back home.  Thanks for reading along!

We started cruising in 1992 and always with friends and/or family. I think our first cruise alone was 2018 so I know exactly the feelings you had that last night. Gratitude and thankfulness for the great week you had with those very special people and saying a quiet prayer that there will be more. That said, I read the last 3-4 pages at one time and I’m totally EXHAUSTED! You never stopped and created tons of fun memories. Good for you and thanks for sharing it all with us. Happy cruising to you all! 👍

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Bravo!!!  Thanks for another wonderful review. Looking forward to the next one! :classic_smile:

Thank you!  I’m enjoying your review of Canada as well!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, princess76021 said:

Thank you for inviting us to join you and your family on this cruise!

I truly enjoyed it

Hugs from Texas

Thanks so much for taking time to read it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crusin Karen said:

We started cruising in 1992 and always with friends and/or family. I think our first cruise alone was 2018 so I know exactly the feelings you had that last night. Gratitude and thankfulness for the great week you had with those very special people and saying a quiet prayer that there will be more. That said, I read the last 3-4 pages at one time and I’m totally EXHAUSTED! You never stopped and created tons of fun memories. Good for you and thanks for sharing it all with us. Happy cruising to you all! 👍

Oh goodness, thank you!  Yes, we tend to stay pretty busy.  lol. My kids call that “old people doing stuff”.  lol. 

It’s hard to explain that feeling I had at dinner.  In all of my business I don’t always stop and feel thankful for the tremendous number of blessings that I have.  I just kind of sat there for a minute and realized how grateful I was for the richness these folks bring to my life.

Thanks for reading!  Now we can both rest.  lol

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Great review. It seems like you have a great family of friends. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Thank you for reading!  I do!  I’m so very blessed to have them in my life!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, #Bluesea said:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! I've enjoyed reading your daily adventures! Great job! 

Thank you so much for taking time to read it!  I appreciate you!

Really enjoyed reading your group cruise. Such a fun time was had by all! I often wish we had friends or family to sail with. None of my 3 grown kids or friends have any interest in cruising. My daughter tried her first cruise this summer but had such a bad time so she's turned off on trying again☹️

• Like 1

Thank you for another awesome review!  I'm already looking forward to your next one and hope that all of your friends can make it. You all seem like such a fun, relaxed group of people. Definitely my style of cruising too. Thank you again for taking us along with you ❤️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Really enjoyed reading your group cruise. Such a fun time was had by all! I often wish we had friends or family to sail with. None of my 3 grown kids or friends have any interest in cruising. My daughter tried her first cruise this summer but had such a bad time so she's turned off on trying again☹️

Thank you for reading!  I have never sailed with my biological family either.  All of these folks from our cruise are our friends from church.  They’ve become family to me!  This is our second group cruise but definitely not the last,

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AKR2011 said:

Thank you for another awesome review!  I'm already looking forward to your next one and hope that all of your friends can make it. You all seem like such a fun, relaxed group of people. Definitely my style of cruising too. Thank you again for taking us along with you ❤️

Thank you so much for your kind words!  We’re all getting together at Derrick and Lucinda’s tonight for a cookout and I’m certain the “where” and “when” of the next one will be a major topic of conversation.  It always is!  Lol

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mlshum said:

Thank you so much for your kind words!  We’re all getting together at Derrick and Lucinda’s tonight for a cookout and I’m certain the “where” and “when” of the next one will be a major topic of conversation.  It always is!  Lol

I’ll be on Venezia for 5th time 5/26/25 out of Manhattan.  Check it out! I cruise solo now and would love to join you on the ship for deal or no deal or trivia!  I’m not as adventurous as you, tho and I definitely would NEVER do an excursion that involves iguanas and monkeys sitting on my head! 🥹

Edited by Crusin Karen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

I’ll be on Venezia for 5th time 5/26/25 out of Manhattan.  Check it out! I cruise solo now and would love to join you on the ship for deal or no deal or trivia!  I’m not as adventurous as you, tho and I definitely would NEVER do an excursion that involves iguanas and monkeys sitting on my head! 🥹

I’m following along with Jamman’s review on Venezia right now!  It looks like a great ship!  I hope you have a wonderful trip!

I’m with you.,,definitely not interested in monkeys and iguanas.  I’ll observe from a distance!  Lol

we’re not actually scheduled for another cruise until the Spirit in Augusta BUT I sense some wavering on Ron’s part and I’m sure this will be a topic of conversation tonight.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mlshum said:

I’m following along with Jamman’s review on Venezia right now!  It looks like a great ship!  I hope you have a wonderful trip!

I’m with you.,,definitely not interested in monkeys and iguanas.  I’ll observe from a distance!  Lol

we’re not actually scheduled for another cruise until the Spirit in Augusta BUT I sense some wavering on Ron’s part and I’m sure this will be a topic of conversation tonight.

LOVE the Spirit and all her sisters! We always had the aft wrap balcony cabins on all the spirit class ships. Made me very spoiled! Happy planning! 👏

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

LOVE the Spirit and all her sisters! We always had the aft wrap balcony cabins on all the spirit class ships. Made me very spoiled! Happy planning! 👏

Oh good!  Glad to know they’re well received!  This will be my first Spirit class ship so I’m really looking forward to seeing a different class.  I love them all but I really enjoy the amenities of the newer, bigger ships.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ktinnc said:

Thanks for your review/story… i really enjoyed it. Just got back from the Mardi Gras 9/28 sailing last Sunday…I’m ready for the next cruise as always 🙂

Thanks so much for reading!  I'm always the same way......as soon as I finish one it's time to plan another!!  LOL