Unlimited Premier Dining

pedirn

3 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

IMG_0193.thumb.jpeg.5280000eddc1195f4370d02d19d72465.jpeg

And to prove the point, this graphic does not say you can have unlimited anything. It says unlimited MEALS -- and Princess defines what is a meal. Usually in my experience on other lines, that would include an app, entree, and dessert. Also usually all the bread you can eat. And often a soup or salad plus a specialty app. So I don't see the problem. 

• Like 1

Of course the unlimited specialty dining in the Premier Package just means unlimited entries during the cruise, not unlimited meal selection from the menu. Surely he knows this also but is just making a fuss for the sake of it?

For example, Royal Caribbean's Chops Grille; you can order unlimited number of main courses as part of the standard cover charge which is cool, but the lobster is not included and is an extra $21 upcharge item.

On the otherhand, Princess specialty dining has never been "unlimited". e.g. Even after paying a standard cover charge for the meal, you can only order 1 main course. However, to their credit, the cover charge is cheaper than the Chops and even the lobster is included!

Intreresting thought is... I don't know if anyone has tried to attend 2 specialty dining venues in 1 night (e.g. 5:30pm at Crown Grill and 8pm at Sabatinies) but by their marketing, that should be allowed?

Edited by cruise_critical

3 hours ago, cruise_critical said:

Intreresting thought is... I don't know if anyone has tried to attend 2 specialty dining venues in 1 night (e.g. 5:30pm at Crown Grill and 8pm at Sabatinies) but by their marketing, that should be allowed?

So far I've read many different opinions on what everyone here thinks unlimited means except what Princess's definition is on the subject.

What you post above sounds plausible although I don't think Princess thought people would attempt to do it. 

12 hours ago, memoak said:

Princess menus are very clear about up charges and up barges are printed i

on the menus. This all started from a blogger looking for clicks. If you look at the Crown Grille menu there are sections that show special steaks and other items and show up charge amounts. When I went to the pizzeria the special pizzas are in a separate section and the server pointed out that they were not part of packages. Some people are taking unlimited to mean anything I want regardless of what the menu says

Where does it state on the Crown Grill menu, if you have Premium, that you may only order from what side or what options? Maybe I am looking at an old menu. I see the up charges, but not what is only what a passenger may select if he/she has Premium pkg.

12 hours ago, oteixeira said:

It's quite clear you are calling me out, but these (above) are your words.  Are you saying I am not allowed to have my opinion and experiences that contradict the original poster and youtube person?  

Yes, I am calling you out. You don't have to be so snarky and calling people clowns. Your opinions and experiences are accepted when stated in a civil way. This is not a political forum.

1 minute ago, Oxo said:

Where does it state on the Crown Grill menu, if you have Premium, that you may only order from what side or what options? Maybe I am looking at an old menu. I see the up charges, but not what is only what a passenger may select if he/she has Premium pkg.

If there is an upcharge shown for an item, then it is not included in any package. The Terms and Conditions for the Premier package are clear:

Unlimited Specialty Dining meals: It is recommended that guests make  Specialty Dining reservations pre-cruise using the Princess® App. Princess Cruises reserves the right to pre-assign Specialty Dining times and location. The Specialty Dining included in a Package is for restaurant cover changes only and does not include menu items subject to supplementary charges. Availability of Specialty Dining reservations may be limited on certain cruises.

Casual Dining with pre fixe meals: are available at a ship's casual dining venue locations and allows the guest to enjoy unlimited pre fixe meals at casual dining venues.  Casual Dining Service Charges are included in the Packages. At the included venues, guest will be able to select one option from each menu section on the price fixe menu (for example, one starter, one entrée, one dessert) per seating; no substitutions, revisions, or other changes will be permitted to such menu. Exact meal options, availability, and other details will be determined by the casual dining venue and are subject to change. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

If there is an upcharge shown for an item, then it is not included in any package. The Terms and Conditions for the Premier package are clear:

Unlimited Specialty Dining meals: It is recommended that guests make  Specialty Dining reservations pre-cruise using the Princess® App. Princess Cruises reserves the right to pre-assign Specialty Dining times and location. The Specialty Dining included in a Package is for restaurant cover changes only and does not include menu items subject to supplementary charges. Availability of Specialty Dining reservations may be limited on certain cruises.

Casual Dining with pre fixe meals: are available at a ship's casual dining venue locations and allows the guest to enjoy unlimited pre fixe meals at casual dining venues.  Casual Dining Service Charges are included in the Packages. At the included venues, guest will be able to select one option from each menu section on the price fixe menu (for example, one starter, one entrée, one dessert) per seating; no substitutions, revisions, or other changes will be permitted to such menu. Exact meal options, availability, and other details will be determined by the casual dining venue and are subject to change. 

' and does not include menu items subject to supplementary charges.' Yes I agree with that. But show me and others where it says you may only order from the Left side of the menu! 

8 minutes ago, Oxo said:

' and does not include menu items subject to supplementary charges.' Yes I agree with that. But show me and others where it says you may only order from the Left side of the menu! 

Why would I have to show you that?  It isn't a claim that I made, nor one that I have endorsed.  Why would the menu spell out the terms and conditions of the Premier package?

The menus for each Specialty Restaurant are organized differently.  The upcharge items may be separated on a menu for one of the Specialty Restaurants.  (For Casual Dining, I know that the "fancy" pizzas at Alfredo's are segregated in their own area on the menu.  I think that the casual sushi restaurant might also have a segregated menu for items that do not fall under the fixed-price menu.  I can't testify that they are on the right or left side of the menu.) 

Perhaps you are taking an off-the-cuff internet remark too literally?🙂

Edited by Abercrombie2019
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Yes, I am calling you out. You don't have to be so snarky and calling people clowns. Your opinions and experiences are accepted when stated in a civil way. This is not a political forum.

You are right.  I should not have said that, I was in a way last night.  Other then that sentence, I do stand by everything else I said.  Youtube is set up to promote negative (you can research it) and creators (many of them) know this and as such are doing negative thumbnails, trying to cause reactions like this thread to get more views, etc.  It's how they get views, which is how they make a living.

At the end of the day we disagree.  I feel like what you see above (in post number 56) makes it clear that anything that is a supplementary charge is not included in the package, left side of menu or right.  You disagree.  That is fine, a lot of other folks are on both sides of the fence on here as well, not just us.

Edited by oteixeira

8 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

The definition of a premium dessert unfortunately isn't a scoop or two of gelato. 

Actually, the terms of service does define Premium Desserts as being at a venue where dessert is available when the venue is open but not including SMiZE.

There is no exclusion for one scoop of Gelato. There is no mention of being restricted to only fancy oversized sundaes or what is listed on a 'premium dessert menu'. It is just dessert at a venue that serves dessert during open hours of the venue but excluding SMiZE ice cream.

I have heard that people have been forced to pay for one scoop of gelato with plus/premium. This is not my experience but it is unfortunate that this happens. We passengers should demand Princess live up to their legal terms and conditions rather than try to nickel and dime us.

4 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Youtube is set up to promote negative (you can research it) and creators (many of them) know this and as such are doing negative thumbnails, trying to cause reactions like this thread to get more views, etc.  It's how they get views, which is how they make a living

THIS 🔼.  There are content creators that have criticized youtube for the way that their system works.

This is why there are videos titled "Worst Ship Ever!", "Worst Cabin Ever!", "Brutal Review!", "Brutally Honest Food Review!".  I started to watch one of the "reviews" and could not believe that someone would spend the time to try 5 different donuts from International Cafe and give a straight faced review of each donut.  Time that I will never get back.😂