Kamakura from Yokohama and touring sites

loveapug

Hello! We will be on a back to back turnaround day in Yokohama In April 2025 and I'd like to see multiple sites in Kamakura during that time. I estimate that we will have time from approximately 0800 to 1500 for touring to and from the port. I've read the comments in the cruise critic boards and I've seen that individuals speak about taking the train to see the Giant Buddha (Kamakura Daibutsu/Ktoku-in). I'd prefer to be able to see multiple sites in Kamakura, but have only found one tour group, Shore Excursions Asia, who offer a tour from the cruise port to multiple sites in Kamakura, but are asking more than I had budgeted for the day. The individual I contacted through Tours by Locals was not available.  I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for a tour group or DIY to see the following sites:

Kamakura Diabutsu

Hasedera (goddess of mercy)

Tsurugaoka Hachiminangu (samurai shrine)

Komachi Street

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, loveapug said:

Hello! We will be on a back to back turnaround day in Yokohama In April 2025 and I'd like to see multiple sites in Kamakura during that time. I estimate that we will have time from approximately 0800 to 1500 for touring to and from the port. I've read the comments in the cruise critic boards and I've seen that individuals speak about taking the train to see the Giant Buddha (Kamakura Daibutsu/Ktoku-in). I'd prefer to be able to see multiple sites in Kamakura, but have only found one tour group, Shore Excursions Asia, who offer a tour from the cruise port to multiple sites in Kamakura, but are asking more than I had budgeted for the day. The individual I contacted through Tours by Locals was not available.  I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for a tour group or DIY to see the following sites:

Kamakura Diabutsu

Hasedera (goddess of mercy)

Tsurugaoka Hachiminangu (samurai shrine)

Komachi Street

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. 

My two cents suggestion: Contact SGG Club (Goodwill guide) which offers a 4 hours tour on Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, and The Great Buddha.
Komachi Street is close to Kamakura Station (Enodan Line, Yokosuka Line, ....) you will walk on it when going to Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine.

K-1: Kamakura Highlights by Kanagawa SGG Club 
https://volunteerguide-ksgg.jp/tours/k-1/   
Application 
https://volunteerguide-ksgg.jp/application-for-in-person-guide-serviceoct-25th-2022/

You will meet the guide at Kamakura Station (30 min train ride from Yokohama station).

Edited by monkey@cruise
  • Thanks 1

Also did Kamakura on our own by simply taking the train from Yokohama.  Once in Kamakura, DW and I walked everywhere, but that did ultimately add-up to over 3 miles of walking.  There are local buses and grabbing a taxi, at the train station, should not be a problem.  The main tourist sites are within a 10-15 min walk (of each other).

Hank

• Thanks 1