Specialty restaurants reservations

phantomII

Do I really have to pay for advance reservations in the specialty restaurants? I tried to make reservations in Crown Grill and they want to charge my cc now. The cruise is in 3 months. If I reserve when on board there is no charge until you eat!

A lot of people were booking countless reservations and then just not showing up for them.  That is why credit cards are being charged when you reserve and then if you are a no show, I believe you get your money back but they will charge you 10.00 per person for not showing.

A lot of restaurants by my home are taking credit cards to hold reservations .  They are also charging a no show fee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantomII said:

Do I really have to pay for advance reservations in the specialty restaurants? I tried to make reservations in Crown Grill and they want to charge my cc now. The cruise is in 3 months. If I reserve when on board there is no charge until you eat!

Yes, pay at time of reservation with credit card prior to cruise/voyage. Some passengers have onboard credit and wait til onboard ( only way to do that) to book their reservations, some passengers want a very specific day and or time so they book ahead.
If your flexible on day or time wait till you get onboard and book on embarkation day for whatever day they have available,charge will go against your credit card on file for incidentals/ folio.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

Do you get a confirmation after you book? I booked Crown Grill yesterday with an agent but have not seen any email confirmation. It was for a complementary reservation offered for suite guests - first time we have used the perk.

15 minutes ago, peachycruise said:

Do you get a confirmation after you book? I booked Crown Grill yesterday with an agent but have not seen any email confirmation. It was for a complementary reservation offered for suite guests - first time we have used the perk.

Your reservation will show on the app.  You can see the reservation under “Book Dining”, or under “Journey”, then “Show my entire schedule.”

If you go through “book dining”, hit the calendar icon with the red heart in it (top right corner of your screen).  All of your reservations will be listed.

Edited by Abercrombie2019
Expanded on answer.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Yes, pay at time of reservation with credit card prior to cruise/voyage. Some passengers have onboard credit and wait til onboard ( only way to do that) to book their reservations, some passengers want a very specific day and or time so they book ahead.
If your flexible on day or time wait till you get onboard and book on embarkation day for whatever day they have available,charge will go against your credit card on file for incidentals/ folio.

My position is that I have alot of OBC and want to use it for dining but when we get onboard they will be all booked up. I sure don't need to run up my credit cards when there is obc to be used.

• Like 1