Upgrade from A1 to P1/P2?

Eastcroft

I'm currently debating in my head whether it is worth upgrading from an A1 cabin (7071) on Queen Victoria to a P1/P2 cabin. Has anybody got any experience of the difference between the two to be able to comment? The cost difference (£1,200-£1,400) is probably most of the fare for a short cruise in Britannia which might be a more attractive prospect in some respects. Off the top of my head we already get a coffee machine as extra and a few bottles of water, and a nice restaurant. So we'd just be adding a few more menu items and a restaurant at the top of the ship. Its on the Dec 5th to 16th Atlantic Coast Adventure cruise, so we'd probably not get much use if any for the Grills Terrace so that would be another addition that would be wasted on us.

I like the idea of upgrading, but equally, I don't feel like its dragging me as much as it would from a lower grade would.

1 hour ago, Eastcroft said:

I'm currently debating in my head whether it is worth upgrading from an A1 cabin (7071) on Queen Victoria to a P1/P2 cabin. Has anybody got any experience of the difference between the two to be able to comment? The cost difference (£1,200-£1,400) is probably most of the fare for a short cruise in Britannia which might be a more attractive prospect in some respects. Off the top of my head we already get a coffee machine as extra and a few bottles of water, and a nice restaurant. So we'd just be adding a few more menu items and a restaurant at the top of the ship. Its on the Dec 5th to 16th Atlantic Coast Adventure cruise, so we'd probably not get much use if any for the Grills Terrace so that would be another addition that would be wasted on us.

I like the idea of upgrading, but equally, I don't feel like its dragging me as much as it would from a lower grade would.

Was not enamoured with P’s stateroom layout on QV, so do consider an additional leap for the extra space, dining etc in a Q5/6 - Just better.

29 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Was not enamoured with P’s stateroom layout on QV, so do consider an additional leap for the extra space, dining etc in a Q5/6 - Just better.

Yes, I agree. It’s not worth upgrading for the cabin improvement. The P1 cabin is bigger, but only because it is longer, so it doesn’t seem so, if anything more claustrophobic. The other Grills facilities are lovely though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi, if you were sailing in the summer months I would say the upgrade would be worth it just for the use of the Grills terraces on decks 11 and 12. 

But agreeing with the above posts, the Princess cabins are looking a bit dated  in their layout and bathroom. We have used them a number of times in the past but then reverted to using Britannia cabins again. 

Plus your choice of cabin has the added bonus of a nice spacious extended balcony, rather larger than the Princess ones. We have stayed in the cabin on the deck below and had the same size balcony.

Edited by Petulia
Missing word

On 10/3/2024 at 9:23 AM, Eastcroft said:

I like the idea of upgrading, but equally, I don't feel like it’s dragging me as much as it would from a lower grade would.

Just remember that those extended balconies are on view from the other balconies forward from you. I was on 7042 on QE (same layout) and if I looked  out to the right of my balcony I can see the occupants of that extended balcony. Really not a big deal but good to know to be on your best behavior!!😇 

6 minutes ago, NE John said:

Just remember that those extended balconies are on view from the other balconies forward from you. I was on 7042 on QE (same layout) and if I looked  out to the right of my balcony I can see the occupants of that extended balcony. Really not a big deal but good to know to be on your best behavior!!😇 

Given the age and decrepitude of Cunard passengers, the very worst behaviour likely to be encountered is smoking, which is very bad, and I believe is dealt with very severely.

I did get a shock though when I discovered quite recently that the glass on the front of the balconies is two way. I had thought that, if I went out for some air half way through dressing in the morning, nobody would know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here s a photo taken of the three extended balconies on the starboard side of Victoria on maiden visit to Kiel. And yes, the glass is two-way!

916EB057-B9FE-4EBB-84BC-561745A7ECAF.jpeg

• Haha 1