New Crêperie to be on Allura

DanOnboard

1 minute ago, EJL2023 said:

Or the point is that in your opinion the coffee was extremely mediocre…..which would at least seem drinkable…but in earlier post was undrinkanle.  To be fair….you were comparing it to the lovely hotel you had stayed in prior to the cruise….

On an O cruise where you've paid nearly $600 per day per couple, extremely mediocre coffee is undrinkable. I drank the machine coffee instead of what they poured. I couldn't believe what they were pouring. And I merely pointed out that Illy is a recognized name brand coffee, respected, that I was drinking at the hotel we stayed at immediately before our cruise. That hotel makes a point of pointing it out. Do you think something is potentially telling if O no longer tells its passengers what brand of coffee it is serving?

• Like 2

We so agree about the coffee - undrinkable for us on Vista, Riviera, and Regatta in the last year. Specialty coffees as cappuccinos are so good at Baristas, but the ones coming out of machines may only be tolerated - except in the Concierge Lounge on Riviera. Undrinkable.

This was our opinion and we made sure to include it on the comments and end-of-cruise survey, as well as occasionally to a server. This is not to say that most folks were drinking it especially at breakfast. Everyone has their own tastes and preferences.

Great coffee and great wines add much to the cruise experience - after the itinerary and service, of course.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

If you can't get good coffee in the AM right, you're missing a key ingredient to breakfast

Well, not everyone drinks coffee, and I've enjoyed many breakfasts without it. So I will definitely not agree that it is a key ingredient to breakfast. But if you enjoy it more power to you. We have iced tea for our caffeine fix. We do drive the servers nuts constantly refilling our ice. 

Just an FWIW, I've tried coffee every time I'm in an area that has what is supposed to have great coffee. Jamaican Blue Mtn, Hawaiian Kona, Costa Rica, among others, just don't have the taste for it. I figure if I don't like it in these places then it's not for me. 

Edited by ORV

19 minutes ago, osandomir said:

We never accepted the coffee pouring from the carafe. Fortunately, it’s very easy to request coffee from Baristas or the machine (still better choice) in any dining venue in the morning for breakfast.

Are you saying that I don't have to stop into Baristas on my way to breakfast but rather just ask my wait person to get me coffee from Baristas?  Do you happen to know if this would also work for dinner during dessert?

1 hour ago, Woofa said:

Are you saying that I don't have to stop into Baristas on my way to breakfast but rather just ask my wait person to get me coffee from Baristas?  Do you happen to know if this would also work for dinner during dessert?

Baristas is at the entrance to the GDR on the R ships. The waiter will bring coffee you at the breakfast time. Don’t remember if they are open for dinner as we normally don’t drink coffee so late in the day. At the Terrace cafe we ask for the coffee from the machine. The same goes for the O ships. We never asked to bring the coffee from Baristas because it’s a long walk from any venue. Though, I wouldn’t be surprised if they honour the request in case someone asks. Just don’t think it would be a reasonable request.

11 hours ago, osandomir said:

Baristas is at the entrance to the GDR on the R ships. The waiter will bring coffee you at the breakfast time. Don’t remember if they are open for dinner as we normally don’t drink coffee so late in the day. At the Terrace cafe we ask for the coffee from the machine. The same goes for the O ships. We never asked to bring the coffee from Baristas because it’s a long walk from any venue. Though, I wouldn’t be surprised if they honour the request in case someone asks. Just don’t think it would be a reasonable request.

Got it thank you.  Not a major issue for a quick stop in before breakfast anyway.

23 hours ago, Woofa said:

It will depend on is Baristas is still open. Sadly, I think 8PM is closing time. 

• Like 1