Request for anyone about to sail on the Breakaway. Can you help?

Hi there, 

I was wondering if someone on the Breakaway could do me a big favor.

My wife and I were on the Breakaway last year and it was our first cruise. 14 nights from NYC to New Orleans, a repositioning passing through the Caribbean. We planned on buying a model of the ship, but we ended up completely forgetting.

I've tried to purchase or track down a reasonably priced model since, but have had no luck and just this morning NCL told me models are only available for purchase on the ship.

Would any kind soul do a stranger a favor and purchase one on my behalf and mail it out to me (I live in Kansas City, MO) at any suitable time after your cruise finishes? There's no hurry on my part to get it in my hands, just it'd be nice to have it as a memento and hopefully the first of many!

Of course I will reimburse the full cost of the model and cover all postage fees.

I'm aware the models range in size and price, and I think our budget would be whatever looks best up to say $30 or so? Nothing extravagant, but not the smallest/cheapest looking one, if that makes sense! Just the best one available under 30.

Happy to give any other details including my ID and address etc in a private message. Can pay you back via bank transfer, PayPal, venmo etc. Whatever is best for you.

Sorry for the weird request, just it'd make our day if someone could help us out.

Either way I hope you all enjoy your cruise and have as lovely a time as we did!

Mark and Jess

2 hours ago, joydivision84 said:

Hi there, 

I was wondering if someone on the Breakaway could do me a big favor.

My wife and I were on the Breakaway last year and it was our first cruise. 14 nights from NYC to New Orleans, a repositioning passing through the Caribbean. We planned on buying a model of the ship, but we ended up completely forgetting.

I've tried to purchase or track down a reasonably priced model since, but have had no luck and just this morning NCL told me models are only available for purchase on the ship.

Would any kind soul do a stranger a favor and purchase one on my behalf and mail it out to me (I live in Kansas City, MO) at any suitable time after your cruise finishes? There's no hurry on my part to get it in my hands, just it'd be nice to have it as a memento and hopefully the first of many!

Of course I will reimburse the full cost of the model and cover all postage fees.

I'm aware the models range in size and price, and I think our budget would be whatever looks best up to say $30 or so? Nothing extravagant, but not the smallest/cheapest looking one, if that makes sense! Just the best one available under 30.

Happy to give any other details including my ID and address etc in a private message. Can pay you back via bank transfer, PayPal, venmo etc. Whatever is best for you.

Sorry for the weird request, just it'd make our day if someone could help us out.

Either way I hope you all enjoy your cruise and have as lovely a time as we did!

Mark and Jess

@joydivision84

Your new thread has been moved to the Cruise Memorabilia forum where it will be on topic. The forum is for our Cruise Critic members that are collecting items from cruise ships.