Help With Bookings for Main Dining

SolarSail

My partner has Platinum status with Princess but this will be the first cruise using the app since his last sailing in 2017 (and my first, so apologies in advance for basic questions).

We can make reservations now for any of the specialty dining restaurants 120+ days before embarkation. Will reservations be available for the main dining rooms? If so, when should I look out for them?

Also, we booked a Reserve mini-suite, which I believe means there is a separate section in one of the dining rooms. This is highlighted in the app but it only says no reservations required. Do they make bookings available at some point?

4 hours ago, SolarSail said:

My partner has Platinum status with Princess but this will be the first cruise using the app since his last sailing in 2017 (and my first, so apologies in advance for basic questions).

We can make reservations now for any of the specialty dining restaurants 120+ days before embarkation. Will reservations be available for the main dining rooms? If so, when should I look out for them?

Also, we booked a Reserve mini-suite, which I believe means there is a separate section in one of the dining rooms. This is highlighted in the app but it only says no reservations required. Do they make bookings available at some point?

22 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Reserve dining has no reservations. We've never done Reserve, but according to others you just walk in and are seated.

No reservations are required with Reserve Collection dining. Just show up anytime (during open times) and be promptly seated.   

Edited by TAW1963
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Reserve dining has no reservations. We've never done Reserve, but according to others you just walk in and are seated.

9 hours ago, TAW1963 said:

No reservations are required with Reserve Collection dining. Just show up anytime (during open times) and be promptly seated.   

Thanks for the info. I believe Reserve is only in one dining room. Would we be missing out on experiencing the other dining rooms? I'm guessing the food is going to be the same, but the locations are different and could be preferable to some.

• Like 1

The only things you will miss by not going to the other dining rooms is waiting to be seated, no additional entree and the impeccable service in the Reserve Class dining area.

42 minutes ago, SolarSail said:

Thanks for the info. I believe Reserve is only in one dining room. Would we be missing out on experiencing the other dining rooms? I'm guessing the food is going to be the same, but the locations are different and could be preferable to some.

17 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

The only things you will miss by not going to the other dining rooms is waiting to be seated, no additional entree and the impeccable service in the Reserve Class dining area.

19 minutes ago, that said:

You will

Not

be

missing 

anything

Enjoy!

These two have said it all. You will not miss anything.  The reserve dining is absolutely wonderful and the location is good too.  It is in one location only.  

Edited by TAW1963
  • Like 1