Can United Airlines Business Class passengers access the Air Tahiti Nui lounge departing from Papeete ?

oakridger

I have been searching online for several hours and can't find a definitive answer about the PPT Air Tahiti Nui lounge for other airlines business pax. One article says yes, and others say no.   I'm flying United Business Class from PPT to SFO.  Will I have access to the ATN lounge at PPT?  I'm particularly interested since it is apparently the only air-conditioned area at the airport!

Thanks all,

~Nancy

6 hours ago, 6rugrats said:

No.  Air Tahiti Nui is not part of Star Alliance.  BOB999 is correct.

While this is true, often, especially at remote outstations, airlines will contract with whatever lounge is available, even if they are outside of the alliance network.  In some cases, particularly United/Delta, access to these contract lounges is more restrictive (e.g. only United Polaris/Delta One gets access and not Star Gold or Skyteam Elite Plus).

It appears United used to contract with the Air Tahiti Nui Lounge at PPT; however, they have since changed to the ADT lounge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOB999 said:

have since changed to the ADT lounge

Thanks @BOB999 Getting closer!  I went to the United link you provided above, and it has listed under "Other Lounges" at the PPT airport "Aeroport de Tahiti (ADT)".  When I google that it's the official website for the airport itself. I can't find any reference to a lounge. 🤷‍♀️

I am hoping to hear from anyone with recent firsthand experience with a United flight.  It looks like I may have to call United and ask.  My Travel Agent doesn't know either.

It's not that big of a deal to sit in the open-air (hot and humid!) waiting area but now I am on a mission to get the final answer!

I'll report back with any new specific information.

~Nancy 

Here is the Windstar forum response from someone who flew United Business Class from PPT:

Thanks everyone for giving your information.  Now I know and hope it doesn't change!

~Nancy