Free Diamond Latitude Upgrade on Prima

cabincop

hey, wayward son... i got one on the prima last month, and we're on the dawn in 2 weeks. if you ask nicely, i'll get you one of your own. in  reality, they're pretty useless. i just tacked it onto my key card lanyard, and there it sits. therein is the good news/bad news. the good news is my wife and i are only about 220 points away from ambassador status (hooray for us) the bad news is im going to be 77 in Feb, I only hope i can make it all the way to the finish line LOL!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Tell me, when you booked the B2B cruises using your free cabins did you select the cabins yourselves?

When NCL created the Diamond category in early 2022, along with the new perks that go with it, my wife and I already had more than enough Latitudes points to qualify.  We also had a Balcony stateroom booked for a cruise sailing in April 2022.  On the first day after the new Diamond benefits were announced, I called NCL to use my Diamond upgrade.  The reservationist had no idea what I was talking about, but put me on hold while she read the T&C.  I had picked out a specific Club Balcony room that I wanted, so I asked for it by number and she assigned it to us.  I have read many reports since then that NCL no longer allows guests to select their cabin when using the Diamond upgrade, so we still have not used my wife's Diamond upgrade.  I am hoping that by checking frequently on our future cruises that I can find one where all the Club Balconies are fully booked except for the very one that I want.  Then I will call in and try to claim that one.  I hope it works.

• Like 2

I’m scratching my head on why NCL would put us in a cabin we might not like if it’s a special one time upgrade for our loyalty? Tell us if there’s a potential problem and let us choose. You know, keep a loyal cruise happy.

Regarding 10100, here’s a possible issue:

Below is a list of forward staterooms and suites per ship that guests are requested to turn off lights and/or close drapes due to the lights reflecting onto the Bridge minimizing night vision.

Example of the sign's verbiage is posted in affected staterooms by the window.

Dear Guest,
Due to the Bridge being above your stateroom, we kindly ask your cooperation in the evenings (whilst at sea) by keeping the drapes closed. This is due to the lights from your stateroom reflecting onto the Bridge minimizing night vision. 
Edited by mistertomatoe

13 hours ago, complawyer said:

aw! cabincop, the pin is probably the only worthwhile thing about diamond status. on your next cruise go to the cruise next office and just ask for one

I just rid of all my ship pins. I’m trying to keep clutter down. 😉

1 hour ago, mistertomatoe said:

Example of the sign's verbiage is posted in affected staterooms by the window.

I e been in forward facing suites & owners suite forward facing. This cruise I’m on is a TA so I’m hoping it won’t be bad. I’m on a back2back so I’m gonna have to change my cabin anyways. What’s amazing to me is that the solo balcony cabins on the Prima all sold out a year in advance. I’m hoping for some cancellations and I’ll watch almost daily.