Looking for post-cruise hotel in Miami, alternatives to Sobe and downtown

syndyj

I have already reserved the Holiday Inn for a pre-cruise stay and I had hoped to stay one night post-cruise in South Beach, however some of the hotels are not accepting reservations for a one night stay and some are sold out.

Firstly I am curious if any event will be taking place on the Weekend of October 21st, which is the night we need the hotel for, since several hotels in South Beach are saying "unavailable" when I try to book.

And secondly,apart from South Beach and downtown/Bayside, where else can we stay post cruise? It would be nice to stay in an area where there is something to do, restaurants etc. in the area as well as someplace where taxi fare to the airport won't be exorbitant. I have never been to Miami before, so I have no idea which areas are recommended.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Firstly I am curious if any event will be taking place on the Weekend of October 21st, which is the night we need the hotel for, since several hotels in South Beach are saying "unavailable" when I try to book.

There are a bunch of things going on and October is a huge conference and convention month. The Miami Music Festival, The Susan B. Kommen Run, and the Miami Home Show are all going on that weekend. There are also several really large conferences going on also.

Have you looked at hotels in Coral Gables and Coconut Grove on the mainland?

Bal Harbour has lovely beaches and shopping out on the beaches.

What about Key Biscayne? The Sonesta Beach Resort ( http://www.sonesta.com/keybiscayne/ ) would be my pick. Key Biscayne is also a barrier island off Miami. It is adjacent to Miami Beach (South Beach is the southernmost area of the town of Miami Beach).

Thanks for letting me know what is going on that weekend, I searched events calenders and came up with nothing :confused:. That explains why alot of the big hotels, like Loews is booked solid.

I will look into the alternate areas you suggested,but one question, are they all within a short drive from the port and airport? I think I have to use google maps to get my bearings!

Thanks for letting me know what is going on that weekend, I searched events calenders and came up with nothing :confused:. That explains why alot of the big hotels, like Loews is booked solid.

I will look into the alternate areas you suggested,but one question, are they all within a short drive from the port and airport? I think I have to use google maps to get my bearings!

Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, and Key Biscayne are all very close to port. Closer than South Beach.

Archived