Whisper April 5-9?

Sparticus

I'm pretty sure that I've seen a few others who are on the April 5 to 9, 2006 Whisper sailing. If you are, please post a response.

And, if you don't mind -- please post if you're a veteran SS cruiser or new to the line.

Thanks.

Your post will not be monitored for quality assurance. No salesman will call. ;)

We're new to SS and are in our early 40s.

Are you on the Whisper on the 5th, or are you just commiserating with the fact that we're in our 40s? :D

No not on the Whisper on the 5th, just adding my $.02! :D

Host Dan

John & Sarah, upper 30's and will be on 4/5 Whisper cruise. On our most recent SS cruise we spent 10 days last Fall.

I take a lot of the negative comments with a grain of salt, SS's service is done most often by humans, sure there are errors, but even at high perceived rates, they are really doing a great job. I don't know why others on CC take cruises, but we do it relax, be pampered, eat well and maybe visit someplace interesting. If I wanted to be miserable and critical I'd just go to work.

SS has beautiful uncrowded ships, perfect cabins, great to superb food and good value for the dollar on a net basis.

I will say that these 4 day cruises seem to make no sense for SS, they have no other short cruises for the rest of 06 and 2007. Are these FAM's for TA's or something? It just seems counter to their culture of longer, full service type cruises than to do a glorified booze-cruise itinerary.

I will say that these 4 day cruises seem to make no sense for SS, they have no other short cruises for the rest of 06 and 2007. Are these FAM's for TA's or something? It just seems counter to their culture of longer, full service type cruises than to do a glorified booze-cruise itinerary.

There is a couple whole ship charters being done. The Apr 1 - 5 is a charter and it sounded like another one after the Apr 5th cruise.

Also on my cruise for some time I was wondering if I was the only one on the ship that paid for his cruise. :eek: I meet a lot of ppl that were there on free tickets from insurance/ drug companies.

IMHO, they had a couple charters and built a couple short cruises around the charters.

And also IMHO, between posts on here and members of their Venetian Society being upset, I would expect your April 5th to be up to normal SS standards. :)

There is a couple whole ship charters being done. The Apr 1 - 5 is a charter and it sounded like another one after the Apr 5th cruise.

Also on my cruise for some time I was wondering if I was the only one on the ship that paid for his cruise. :eek: I meet a lot of ppl that were there on free tickets from insurance/ drug companies.

IMHO, they had a couple charters and built a couple short cruises around the charters.

And also IMHO, between posts on here and members of their Venetian Society being upset, I would expect your April 5th to be up to normal SS standards. :)

Look out, BB, you also are now a member of the Venetian Society. But seriously, your point is interesting, since I know from many conversations that the crew is generally unhappy with charters. I don't defend this, but it may well have something to do with these short cruise problems.

Look out, BB, you also are now a member of the Venetian Society. But seriously, your point is interesting, since I know from many conversations that the crew is generally unhappy with charters. I don't defend this, but it may well have something to do with these short cruise problems.

It would be interesting to know what type of charters these are. Some full ship charters are charted by a group ie Single Charters but each person pays their own way. I do not know about the crew, but the Mega ship owners love Singles/Gay cruises because the paxs spend more money on drinks than normal cruises.

The second is by a company for their employee/bonus winners/customers and where the paxs do not have any $$$ in the game and probably will never return to the ship again unless it is free.

OK, to recap, we have:

• CarlandAndrea - Early 40s, first time on SS
  • NeophyteCruiser - 3 couples ranging from mid-40s to early 50s
  • DebbieH103 - 43/44, first time on SS
  • Fiveoclockhere - John & Sarah, upper 30s - 2nd time on SS
  • and us - Early 40s, first time on SS

See you in a couple of days.

Archived