help on 14 day Hawaiian cruise

shoolover

This will be our first time with Celebrity (Infinity ship)booked for Apr 22, 2007. We have usually gone with RCC, but liked the intiniary for Hawaii and the time of year as we will be celebrating our 31st anniversary May 1, 2007. Had to hold off this year as daughter is graduating H.S. same month and just needed to focus on her big year! Could you please tell me what night the formal nights are on a 14 day cruise, and has anyone done the "in room" dinner and if so would this be the night (anniversary) you would choose to request that? Also, I would appreciate anyone giving me the menus for these cruises. I know I have plenty of time to gather info, but no time like the present! Thank you in advance.

We just got back last weekend. You will love the cruise.:D

The formal nights were the first Tuesday, the first Saturday and the last Friday.

I also highly recommend the Specialty Restaurant for your anniversary. The service is supreme and the food excellent. It is a great setting for the occassion.

You will get an idea of the cruise menus if you go to this site:

http://www.thepreismans.com/Infinity%20menus.htm or

http://cruiseclues.com/menus.htm

We will be on the cruise immediately preceeding yours. We have taken one 14 day Infinity cruise through the Panama Canal and one 11 cruise to Hawaii.

You will love it.

Because the itinerary is unusual; 4 sea days followed by 6 port days and then 4 sea days; the normal arrangement of formal nights may be a little different. They probably will have one on the 2d night out and one the night before the last night. It is possible there will be one on one of the port nights or they might schedule the normal third formal night used on 14 day cruises for another sea day.

It is entirely possible that there would be some menu changes between now and next year, so I doubt that anyone would have a good menu for you. [Crystal provided us with the actual menus from our cruise; but Celebrity does not do that.] What you need to know is (1) no dinner menus are repeated on 14 day cruises;* and (2) every entree is prepared when it is ordered, and not before. Celebrity, alone among the major cruise lines, does not pre-serve meals awaiting actual orders. Celebrity also has the best ratio of waiters and assistants waiters to passengers of all the major lines, so the service is the best and the most personal and friendly.

*The menu in the Specialty Restaurant United States does not vary since people usually only use this restaurant once or twice on any cruise. I would recommend it for at least one dinner - its worth the additional cost.

If you want to read my review about our Infinity cruise to Hawaii, it can be found at: http://www.cruisereviews.com under Celebrity > Infinity > Philip M. Haggerty. There are two reviews listed, one for Hawaii and the Panama Canal cruise.

This will be our first time with Celebrity (Infinity ship)booked for Apr 22, 2007.

I'm sorry I don't have any answers to your questions because we're in the same boat! Literally! :) This is also our first time with Celebrity and we're also on the Infinity April 22, 2007 Hawaii cruise!!! I was wondering the same thing about the formal nights and menus.

I started a meet thread although I know it's really early for anyone to join but if you're interested it is at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=321109

This is the schedule we followed on our Hawaii cruise.

DRESS CODE SCHEDULE

1/15…Departure Sunday, Los Angeles-Casual

1/16…Monday-Informal

1/17…Tuesday-Formal

1/18…Wednesday-Casual

1/19…Thursday-Informal

1/20…Friday-Hilo, Hawaii–Casual

1/21…Saturday-Kailua Kona, Hawaii-Casual

1/22…Sunday-Nawiliwili, Kauai-Casual

1/23…Monday-Honolulu, Oahu-Casual

1/24…Tuesday-Lahaina, Maui-Formal

1/25…Wednesday-Casual