Cabin ? For Serene

Shadieeie

We have 8270 Aft cabin on the Miracle for October 1, do you know if the pool area above will be noisy, or is it the adult pool (though I guess that could get noisy too :eek: )

Also we have 7351 Aft on Spirit Alaska Cruise for August of 2007 is this a good choice? Is there a overhang, or is the balconey just out in the open? This was the last aft room on this cruise, so I grabbed it.

Thanks in advance for advice.:)

The Miracle and SPirit are sister ships. Both are exactly the same except for decor and names of public lounges will be different.

Menus will be the same but entertainment will be different.

your 8270 is under the pool.(it is an adult area. IF you hear ANYTHING it will be only when they are setting up chairs in the morning. WHat surprised me was the night they had a VERY late party (11:30pm) on the aft pool deck I was worried about being kept up. we sat on our balcony and heard nothing at all.

I prefer the cabin on deck 7- your spirt cruise. you will be between cabin space and not public areas. When we do an alaskan cruise we will definetly have an aft cabin.

People can not look down into your cabin...but will see you only if you stand at the rail.

Here is a photo of what your balcony will look like

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/1283578778062547426xGRsek

feel free to ask away-- serene56@aol.com

f

Thank you so much, noise normally doesn't bother me, nor my husband, but I hear horror stories about the floors underneath public areas. I am sure I will have a lot more questions for you, and I thank you for answering this one.

I was pleased with the aft cabin I was able to get on the Spirit, but I hear that it is less of a Party Ship also.

Before we left on the Liberty in February- majority of the reviews were coming back-not so good. With big complaints about food and service. Crew not being friendly. We were cruising with a friend who sailed only Celebrity so i got really worried.. all for no reason. Everything was what I epxected it to be.

My first aft cabin was the Victory-- 6262 whichis located on top of a lounge. People had me so worried about noise from the lounge til the wee hours. and guess what-- again nothing.

On the Legend we were located right outside of an elevator bank. So many people told me I will hear the dings.. I will hear people when they are getting off and waiting for the elevator== nothing.

Always remember the cruise you take will be your own experience. Read reviews but please keep an opened mind.

The Spirt class is by far the easiest and nicest ship to get around.

Thanks Serene,

I normally do not go by everyone's posts on here,but I have heard the stories about being below a pool, my PVP told me that we would be OK, and I would hope she is being truthful to me, and it seems she is. I have been on a cruise before, but it was with my ex-husband, my new hubby would prefer a fly and ride but my idea of vacation isn't sitting on my butt on the back of a motorcycle, though we are going to do a Harley Excursion in Alaska (my compromise, only a few hours on my butt) :D We did a quick jaunt weekend one time to the Bahama's (at the time lived in Ft. Lauderdale) but you went down on a ship and stayed in a Hotel, so this will be really different for him. Ah well, hopefully he enjoys it so much that a Fly and Ride isn't on his mind after Alaska. ;)

Is it his first cruise???

My husband would never go on a cruise for some reason or another.. either too expensive or too confining.. When he died I took the kids along with my whole family on our first one in 2000. Best vacation of my life and wonder why we wasted all those years taking short ones elsewhere.

Whn I met Joe I gave him a cruise for his 40th birthday-- figure if he didnt like it I would go my own way-- better to find out early then later.

He loved everything about a cruise. and he thinks I could never do a land vacation as I might get bored.

Yes it is his first cruise, he thinks vacations should be done on motorcycle. :eek: I do not enjoy riding that much and I told him he knew that when we got married, but he still tries for the fly and ride every once in awhile. ;) Though him doing a Cavern dive in Cozumel and in the Grand Caymens, make it a little more nice for him. He probably wonders why he always get's these vacations for his birthday that are for me. :p Anyways, you can always email me at Shadieeie@aol.com so as not to bore people with this. :D

• 1 month later...
The Miracle and SPirit are sister ships. Both are exactly the same except for decor and names of public lounges will be different.

Menus will be the same but entertainment will be different.

your 8270 is under the pool.(it is an adult area. IF you hear ANYTHING it will be only when they are setting up chairs in the morning. WHat surprised me was the night they had a VERY late party (11:30pm) on the aft pool deck I was worried about being kept up. we sat on our balcony and heard nothing at all.

I prefer the cabin on deck 7- your spirt cruise. you will be between cabin space and not public areas. When we do an alaskan cruise we will definetly have an aft cabin.

People can not look down into your cabin...but will see you only if you stand at the rail.

Here is a photo of what your balcony will look like

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/1283578778062547426xGRsek

feel free to ask away-- serene56@aol.com

f

Hi Serena, I have cabin 5192 and from looking at your webshots, (Miracle Lifeboats- photo 16), my cabin is right next to the lifeboats, this is my question, which would be upper deck, the bottom of the boat level or the top of the boat level. I hope this makes sense. :confused: Thanks Barb

deck 6 is the empress deck.

deck 5 is the upper deck.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/1283580891062547426IJeRZn

deck 5 is even with the life boats-- above the lifeboats is deck.

The life boats sits at the railing on deck 5.

5192 does NOT have a lifeboat outside the balcony. you do not have a 7A but a cat 8 B cabin http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=MI&deckCode=U

deck 6 is the empress deck.

deck 5 is the upper deck.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/1283580891062547426IJeRZn

deck 5 is even with the life boats-- above the lifeboats is deck.

The life boats sits at the railing on deck 5.

5192 does NOT have a lifeboat outside the balcony. you do not have a 7A but a cat 8 B cabin http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=MI&deckCode=U

:) Thanks Serene, I know I am an 8 B, but you did answer my question with deck 5 being even with the life boats, thanks again. Barb:cool:

Archived