hair braiding in cabo, PV, or mazatlan

1gail1

we will be with 4 teenage girls that want to get their hair braided in corn rows does anyone know where we can do this our first port is cabo so we would like to get it done there but if there is a better place somewhere else please let us know

thanks

We went on this itinerary (only in reverse order from you) in the fall of 2004.

My daugher had her hair braided in PV for $12 (my dh is quite the deal-maker!). I don't recall seeing ladies braiding hair in Cabo, but that doesn't mean it wasn't being offered. You will encounter ladies walking around with little photo albums showing their hair braiding and asking you if you want it done. I suggest bringing your own comb and clips. You never know how many other heads those combs have been used on!

Don't recall seeing any at Cabo at the Marina.. but there could be some on the beaches if you are planning to take a water taxi there.. if not they can get it done in PV or Mazatlan.. Mazatlan beach ladies were charging $7.50 for half and about $15 to $20 for full. PV.. it varies..

:o

.... it's really important to put sunscreen on the areas of the scalp that are exposed from the braids! The girls would get a wicked sunburn there very easily, since it's an area of our body that's never really seen sun and it's BURN, BABY, BURN is you're not careful!

HTH,

Caroline

.... it's really important to put sunscreen on the areas of the scalp that are exposed from the braids! The girls would get a wicked sunburn there very easily, since it's an area of our body that's never really seen sun and it's BURN, BABY, BURN is you're not careful!

HTH,

Caroline

OMG,, you should see this silly hat i wore the rest of our trip because of my sunburned scalp!! that is so true. i wish i would have thought of that then........

and then getting the braids out, that was another story.. it took me about 4 hours.... :o

We just returned from Mexico on the Oosterdam. Cabo was our first port and there were lots of woman doing braids not fair from were we tendered. Also seen them in PV, didn't notice any in Mazatlan.

thanks Tracyr we leave in 6 days and are all so excited my girls really want their hair braided at the first place we stop which is cabo glad to hear we can find it there thanks for the info hope your trip was great

• 1 year later...

Are you planning on doing anything else in Cabo? I always braid my hair and my daughter's hair before we go away. We have the convenience and the fun of the braiding, but we don't waste any of our vacation time sitting still when we could otherwise be swimming in the ocean, shopping, or (in our case in Cabo) whale watching.

I know not everyone can do their own, but there may be a salon in your city that can do it. Of course, it sounds like the costs on the beach are less than they would be at home, so I'm sure it's a trade off. If it's the experience of getting it done on the beach, that's also a factor, of course.

I recommend sunscreen as well. Not only does it protect your scalp, but it also keeps the little flyaway bits from looking overly fuzzy. Any place where you're concerned you could burn your skin, though, I also recommend a hat. I forgot my hat one afternoon and went horseback riding on the beach on Margarita Island and spent my last evening in Mazatlan in bed sick!

Archived