Transfers from LAX to the ship and back?

AliceS

Please tell me the story about the transfers at LAX. Is it best to purchase transfers from the cruise line or take a cab? How much are the transfers? How far is the pier from the airport? Thanks.

Not sure how much the tranfers are but the cab was $45plus a few dollars tip. Very easy to get one both to and from the ship. So depending on how many in your group this is the way to go vs. paying a per person price for transfers....have a great trip!

Shuttle (not through Princess) is your best bet. Look up the price on http://www.supershuttle.com. An advantage of this over a cab is it is a set fee, where a cab charges based on time as well, and if there is traffic it can run up the charge considerably. We have been stuck in our car just getting from the freeway to the cruise terminal for over 30 minutes at certain times of the day when there is more than one ship in port.

On our two Island Princess cruises there were a number of people complaining about long delays and no-show buses who had purchased Princess transfers, and really did not save any money over SuperShuttle.

Folks DO NOT USE Super Shuttle. U have no freedom and the price is the same and u are packed into a van. I have do this twice in the last year and plan on being on the SP on 29 April. I usually meet another couple and we all share the cab to the port, it is cheaper faster and much more pleasent.

My daughter did the SS and even she will not do it again. On the plane I usually ask around and there is alwasy another couple trying to get to the port.

Archived