Travel Guard "Saavy Traveler" Insurance

ElBano

Has anyone used this insurance. I know that Travel Guard is a popular one, but found this plan on "their" web-site. It was not listed on insuremytrip.com. It looks basic and it is relatively inexpensive (which is what I'm looking for) as compared to some of the others. I am well past my initial deposit for my cruise. Any advice out there?

Has anyone used this insurance. I know that Travel Guard is a popular one, but found this plan on "their" web-site. It was not listed on insuremytrip.com. It looks basic and it is relatively inexpensive (which is what I'm looking for) as compared to some of the others. I am well past my initial deposit for my cruise. Any advice out there?

As a travel agent, I only use travelguard for all my clients.

As a former travel agent, I too only recommended Travelguard. When I had occasion to contact them by phone, I always found them professional, friendly, and dedicated to helping in any way that they could.

I'm not familiar with their "Saavy Traveler" coverage, but if you have questions, don't hesitate to give them a call.

If you feel the need to purchase travel protection insurance, I would not hesitate to recommend Travel Guard.

We book our own through Travelguard-and it depends on what we feel we need-when we booked a cruise over a year ahead-we booked that that has the clause about getting laid off-that you could be reimbursed if you did not go on your cruise. It was a little more expensive-but it gave us peace of mind as hubby works for one of those bankrupt airlines.

Normally though we just book the basic. We want it mainly for medical emergenices.

Our TA only offered the top level of Travelguard if we booked through her- so if we feel we do not need that -we just book the cheaper basic ourselves.

Now we have never made a claim on it-but I assuming it is good.

I am not familiar with a "Savy Traveler" policy, but this Winter I had a claim on Travel Guard's Protect Assist policy. The claims process was not complicated and I had my trip cancellation reimbursement check in hand in just over a week after filing the claim. I can recommend them and have purchased two new Travel Guard policies for two recently booked cruises.

Archived