Disney World Resort to Port Canaveral?

phatkittykat

Does any one have any past experience or suggestion on how to get from Disney World to PC. I'm aware I can hire a car or buy a transfer from the airport. (which mode is easiest and economical?) I would like to go to the market prior to embarkation. ( I will be at the resort 8 days prior to cruise day, so its possible to do it before having to get into whatever mode of transportation I go with.) I dont really want to pay $200.00 in transportation for a family of 4. Does that amount seem correct or is it excessive? Has anyone done this transfer before and what was your experience? Is there things I need to be on the lookout for? Pitfalls...I have not been to the Orlando area before, so am unfamiliar with its transportation situation. :confused:

I live in the Orlando area and transportation in this area is tricky!! There is not a lot of local cab service like you would expect in a large city. It is about an hour from Kissimmee (where Disney is) to the pier. It might be worth your time to inquire on a car rental. Many of the major hotels have rental desks right inside them, and I would think, however I don't know for sure, that there might be a drop at/by the pier.

I have never used the transfers to canaveral since we are so close, but have done the bus service to Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. It was professionally done, and we had no trouble.

Good luck on your search, and I hope you have a wonderful time here!

I'm also a Florida resident and would recomment that you rent a car from Budget or one other rental agencies that will either have a desk at your hotel or pick you up. You should be able to rent a car for under $50.00 including picking you up and transporting you to your ship. Get on the phone and start asking some serious questions!!!!!:)

We rented a car from Budget at the Orlando airport, spent a day enjoying Orlando. Next day took the car to Canaveral Budget location (3 minutes from the pier), they loaded up our bags in their shuttle van and dropped us off at the ship, all within 20 minutes. Very quick and painless! We flew out the day we got back from our cruise, so we bought transfers on board for a ride back to the airport. Also very painless! It's a nice drive between Orlando and PC, very easy to find your way.

Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful vacation! Have fun! :D

We are going next year and are staying at WDW at the end of our cruise. We will be renting a car from Budget at PC and then taking it to a drop off location in Downtown Disney area. So you could do that in reverse!

I have done it both ways. However, due to parting charges at the pier it may be cheaper to get a transfer from the airport.

could you explain what a parting charge is please. I have never heard of this before. I am renting a car at MCO twice this year for cruises from Pt Canaveral.

I did this once before in 2003 and don't remember any extra charges.

Bill

We spent a week at WDW on-site prior to our Glory cruise last April. Rented a car at the airport when we arrived, drove to WDW,(didnt move the car until we left WDW), drove to PC, spent the night, dropped car off at Budget, shuttled to port. Having the car for the trip from MCO to WDW, having it just in case that week, then driving to PC the day prior and then next morning cost $100 (the same cost as 2 transfers).

We even rented a car to drive back to the airport on return because it was cheaper than 2 transfers or a car service. We used Budget who shuttled us to/from the port, though Hertz and Avis also had a shuttle. It was just 2 of us, so I know 4 would be very cost effective.

As far as driving directions, take the beeline which pretty much is a beeline to PC! Nice and easy drive!

Archived