Kids present @ QUEST

We experienced our first Quest last week and before it started I thought "surely James (the CD) will make an announcment for all kids to leave" or something to that effect. But no such thing and there were at least a dozen underaged kids there and at least one thing that occured was NOT for a kid to see. :eek:

Any idea why they dont ask the parents to have the kids step out? :confused: :confused:

The game was awesome by the way :D

the Quest is an adult game on all RCCL ships, although if is preformed differently on different ships, on the Voyager ships, it is in Studio B and everybody in the audience is part of a team, on the other ships, it is preformed in a lounge and you need to get there early to form a team.

Voyager class, sure..it is a family ship, with a family sort of Quest game. Monarch NO...It is an adult game. Vision class, there weren't any kids but it was pretty tame. Radiance class, I think we missed it. It depends on the CD and the type of sailing and ship.:)

"Worse" How? What do you mean? It is fun on all of the ships. On some ships I don't think there is any issue about kids sneeking into watch...Voyager class. Family Cruises. Lame Quest. . On others I don't think they should be there. I couldn't care less if they are "scarred for life" because we don't have any. It is posted as an adult activity and they shouldn't be allowed in at all.:)

We experienced our first Quest last week and before it started I thought "surely James (the CD) will make an announcment for all kids to leave" or something to that effect. But no such thing and there were at least a dozen underaged kids there and at least one thing that occured was NOT for a kid to see. :eek:

Any idea why they dont ask the parents to have the kids step out? :confused: :confused:

The game was awesome by the way :D

We were on Splendour last month and the CD did announce that all kids needed to leave before they would begin. I don't recall seeing any kids left in the room during the game. And at this version, I don't think little kids should have been in the room. Although it was not X-rated, it certainly was at least R-rated.

worse as in more graphic :P

I'm a teenager, and have been to the quest on 3 cruises now, actually i probably was 12 the first time i saw it on Rhapsody, and the most graphic one i've seen was on Navigator last year. the least graphic Quest i saw was on Explorer this year.

Thanks for your response, but then you weren't supposed to be there anyway. It is supposed to be adult entertainment. We enjoy Quest. As with other rules that RCCL does not enforce, it is a fun and very adult game on some of the ships. Thank you for coming back to reply. :)

Maybe the bouncers, the keeping kids out of the Quest is more for the comfort level of the adults there. Teens know how there are places and times they don't want their parents there. The Quest is kind of a reversal, where the parents may not want their teens there or anyone elses.

Robin :cool:

My Mom's an old hippy and NOTHING shocks her so I am planning on making her play Quest on the Monarch while I say I need to take pictures!:rolleyes:

Hmmm....I just thought...How many teenagers say they'll be HAPPY;) to be on the Sports Deck as the parents play Quest!?:eek: Only to find out the teens are more XXX-rated then the parents Quest ever was!:p

I've been to six quests and at everyone they announced repeatedly that it's an adult game. Maybe you MC was new. Ultimately it's pretty easy to tell when it starts to get inappropriate for children and it's the parents responsibility at that point to remove their children. Sorry kids were at your quest. If they weren't your kids and there was nothing you could do, I hope you relaxed and enjoyed the game!

On the Enchantment, they requested MANY times that the children leave. On Mariner at the adult comedy show, they requested that the 25 kids that were around ages 8 - 15 leave, and they hooted and hollered at the announcement, stayed right where they were, and made the comedian uncomfortable so the show was TERRIBLE because he tried to "clean up" some of his jokes...

Since we don't have kids, I can't say I pay total attention to the announcements about them, but I'm pretty sure there was always an announcement either by the CD or the person before him letting people know Quest is an adult game. The parents are then responsible for making the decision on whether to allow their off-spring to attend.

The guys at the door will stop a 8 year old from wandering in alone, but they have better things to do than argue with a parent about bringing their kids in, or stopping teenagers from coming in and having some fun, expecially on the Voyager ships, where it's in Studio B, so everybody is part of it.

I'm sure it depends on the ship, as to how crazy (wild) the Quest is. I participated on Explorer (my first cruise) and it wasn't that bad. However on Monarch last month I choose not to participate, but to watch, so I could see alot of what was happening. You miss alot when you're not sitting watching. Holy S***, I'm glad I did not participate. Nothing really offends me, but amazing what some people will do. It was X rated. Ok, ok, maybe if I still had my 20 year old body, maybe then. But here I am 3 kids later, no way.

I just think if it states Adults only, then it should be Adults only, doesn't matter how lame or crazy it gets. As a parent I have to respect others also, and would tell my kids to get out. (although mine would never be there in the first place)

Ive only been to one quest, on the Explorer last year and I thought it was pretty cool. I would say its fine for older teens, 16 and up, of course depending on your teen. If your teen has been kind of sheltered-I would say this is NOT the event for them to break out with.

There's no nudity or extremely foul language. I would say your tongue and cheek, inuendo, newlywed or dating game type language. If you wouldn't allow your kid to go to the love and marriage show, then they should not go to quest.

It's probably tamer than the stuff "some" kids do on spring break. (Have you seen MTV's break shows lately?) or better yet the prom (freak dancing anyone??).

I think that the CD feels uncomfortable when there are really young kids-pre-teens there. Most people can't really tell the difference between a 16 & 18 year old anyway so unless their acting obnoxius, they'll leave them be.

But if you have some parents that bring their 10&12 year old kids, what are you gonna do? These are probably the same people that allow their kids to get in the adult hot tubs,play in the elevators, waste food, yell in the hallways, etc, etc. Cruiseline rules cannot correct bad parenting.

I just got off the Mariner today. I did go to the famous "Quest" game. Prior to the start of the game James did remind parents that the game was adult entertaiment and there may be things that they should not see. Nobody took their children out. There were some shockingly funny parts, but nothing that the children would not have seen else on TV.

I do not remember seeing anything in the lists of rules stating that they were not allowed to watch. It states that it is adult entertainment and parents should be aware of that.

There is a difference between rules and recommendations.

Archived