with the funpass, is it possible......

bubbles1209

When you go to fill out your funpass on-line, it asks for flight information. Is it possible to fill everything out but that part? Also, would it be better to have my ta help me do it in her office being as how we don't have a printer right now? Or.....can i go in and do it, update flight info later, and go have her print it out? I reall don't want to mess this up:o . Thanks for any light you can shed on the subject.:)

When you go to fill out your funpass on-line, it asks for flight information. Is it possible to fill everything out but that part? Also, would it be better to have my ta help me do it in her office being as how we don't have a printer right now? Or.....can i go in and do it, update flight info later, and go have her print it out? I reall don't want to mess this up:o . Thanks for any light you can shed on the subject.:)

I usually leave all that out, The Airline and also the Hotel. The only important thing is the Passport Doc info.

Yes, even when it says Complete, it will have an Edit, you can click on to go back and add or remove things.

I usually leave all that out, The Airline and also the Hotel. The only important thing is the Passport Doc info.

Yes, even when it says Complete, it will have an Edit, you can click on to go back and add or remove things.

Just technicalities... but if the ship were late returning, or had "issues", they use the flight information to try and help with rescheduling flights... while not a common issue, it could happen. Generally if I have a late flight or it is the next day, I don't fill it out though...

I would suggest you fill it out with complete flight info, especially your return flight. We were two of the psgrs on the Destiny when it arrived late into San Juan a couple weeks ago. Those who had booked their own air and had only put the flight from SJU to the connecting city ended up with flights that had them dead ended there. Carnival told them it was then up to them to make their own arrangements into their home city.

It was a mess with many upset people.

We had printed our funpass but they did not take it at the pier. They had all the info in the computer so why would they want to mess with all those little pieces of paper that were different sizes and shapes, etc.

Two thoughts:

1) Yes, you can edit the info even after it says complete.

2) Do you have any idea what providing false information is going to do for your credibility if it ever comes to that? Perhaps 99 times out of 100 it is not a problem. But if you hit that one chance in 100, you may wish you had provided the proper info. What are you hiding? They have your address. And why are you hiding the information? That would make me suspicious.

I don't remember them even asking to see the fun pass.

They don't ask for it... it is already in the computer. If you fill it out prior to getting your docs, it will say "Funpass complete" on your docs. You should take it, just in case.

Isn't the flight information required by the Department of Homeland Security?

That is what I thought. But some of the posters seem to be getting away with providing incomplete info. Of course when one of them gets caught you can bet they will be complaining, all because they wanted to hide the fact that they are actually flying home. What a shock! :eek: Who would fly home after a cruise???

This is the information from Carnival's site, on why they need the info:

hdr_information.gif In the unlikely event that the ship is delayed upon return, we may use this information to assist you in securing alternative travel arrangements.

Could just be a marketing ploy...if they notice a large number of people are flying out or to a certain airport it may impact a new future feature.

Although, I have read on here that some people were notified onboard about flight number changes or cancellations, so it may be to your benefit to give them the information.

2) Do you have any idea what providing false information is going to do for your credibility if it ever comes to that? Perhaps 99 times out of 100 it is not a problem. But if you hit that one chance in 100, you may wish you had provided the proper info. What are you hiding? They have your address. And why are you hiding the information? That would make me suspicious.

Funpass also asks for Social Security numbers too. I dont give that either. There is no reason whatsoever for a cruiseline to have that number so i jsut punch in 000-00-0000

Funpass also asks for Social Security numbers too. I dont give that either. There is no reason whatsoever for a cruiseline to have that number so i jsut punch in 000-00-0000

Yup, that is definitely not a required field... thank goodness!!!

Archived