Air Travel

Fun~N~Sun

Fun~N~Sun,

I book mine separately. I like paying less and being able to choose my own flight times, departures, and arrivals.

I would venture to guess that most cruisers book airfare with whoever they booked their cruise with; PVP or TA. That's just a guess though. ;)

We have only had to do this once so far.. and booked our own.. better rates coming from Canada.. now we are in the process of booking for our October cruise.. hate the prices.. but love picking flight times for when we choose:)

Do most cruisers book their air flights through Carnival or do you do that seperately.

We used to always do the Fly Awiegh program, booked the air with carnival which included a night at a nice hotel. My last cruise about 2 weeks ago, we booked the Air on our own because we had the 2 for 1 airfare and we also booked the hotel. Everything went very well.

Fred

The answer is yes.

Seriously, it all depends, and you have to do your homework. Homework includes checking availability and fares.

Sometimes the cruise air is a better deal (not often). Your personal desires about arriving a day early, etc., will also influence your decision.

Bottom line, get on the Internet, do some checking and then do what works best for you.

We always book our own airfare for the following reasons:

- we decide when we fly

- we decide which airline we fly

- we decide our routing

- originating airport and any transfer points if needed

- we always get a better rate than what the cruise line is charging

Archived